Dead pedal now won't start

kjpcummins

Truck is a 2011 g56 with efi live. Emission equipmet is still on the engine just unplugged. The butterfly valve is also open. Couple times on the way home I had dead pedal. The last time it coughed and sputtered then came out of it but at the next stop sign when I went to take off the truck died. Now it won't start and there are no codes by the key trick.

Any ideas?

I have a p007c and a p0606. I wouldn't think a bad map sensor would not let it start.

Does the tune that's in it not record some codes? Possibly loosing a 5v reference and the map is the only code that's able to set??

The autocal doesn't show any codes. I went ahead and cleared codes that showed from the key cycle. Try and start turns over but no fire yet.

Truck actually fired once then shutoff. After a few more tries the truck fired up and runs fine. Still no codes. So I took it for a drive and as soon as you push the tow haul mode the truck shuts off. So I think I atleast a have place to look now.

Separate the exhaust in front of the filter by taking the nuts off and sliding the exhaust back far enough for it to breathe and see if maybe it's a restriction in your exhaust.