Death Wabbles

chopper

Can anyone tell me the fix of this problem? If I hit a bump on the interstate at 70 or higher i loose control of the stering wheel and have to pull over to make it stop! Its getting serious and I need to fix this HELP!!!

chopper said:
Can anyone tell me the fix of this problem? If I hit a bump on the interstate at 70 or higher i loose control of the stering wheel and have to pull over to make it stop! Its getting serious and I need to fix this HELP!!!

Get yourself some of Don's steering linkage and your problems are over ! Thuren Linkage

death wobble is very common with our trucks.

Leveling kit caused mine, couple things to try: aftermarket steering stabilizer, longer front shocks, and look at the load range on your tires. A C range load bearing or less can help cause this. The optimal range is D or E to avoid the problem. Then if these dont work upgrade the steering linkage, or try the 3rd gen trackbar conversion.

Make sure everything is in good working order from tie rod ends, track bar and hubs. I had death wobble once because of crappy tires too...

Josh

yes WABBLES will spook you but you better cure it before you WABBLES become WOBBLES LOL

Well I do have some crappy tires on right now! That may just be my problem.....:clap:

I had death wobble on my Jeep. Same POS suspension design. Changed tie rods, ball joints, hubs, tires/wheels, control arms, track bars, steering stabalizer, pitman arm.. After thousands of dollars, it finally turned out to be the driver side axle shaft u-joint that cost me 35 bucks.. Go figure.. Most common is the track bar. But it can be damn near anything up front. I've seen guys have issues with just one part or a couple working together. Just start looking for worn out parts as a place to start.