Debate: 3rd gen CP3 fuel pressure!!!

Camotanker

All American Retard
Seems like locally no one can really agree what CP3 fuel pressure should be. Dual pumps or a single, it doesn't matter.

I've got a 200+ FASS and have had the fuel pressure at 20psi and 50psi with no noticable difference.

What say you? and why???

as long as your lift pump is keeping the volume of fuel to the cp3 the psi at the cp3 really isn't going to make much of a difference unless your need a quick jump in need of volume

when I ran a single stock CP3 it liked 20 to 22psi. Duals are different depending on who's you're running and the electronics used.

ATS dual can run high psi without issue. My PPE duals can't be ran with more that 20psi without spitting and sputtering.

when I ran a single stock CP3 it liked 20 to 22psi. Duals are different depending on who's you're running and the electronics used.

ATS dual can run high psi without issue. My PPE duals can't be ran with more that 20psi without spitting and sputtering.

spitting and sputtering at idle???

i've never had that problem but i vaguely remember this being a big deal a few years ago in discussion when dual pumps first came out.

oh yes... at idle. PPE will tell you not to run more than 12 to 20psi with their kit. At least when I talked to Dan about it a year or so ago.

With my truck running, I can lay under it adjusting the psi screw. Anything more than 20 to 25psi it starts breaking up.

Modded single pumps need more psi.

Dual cummins pumps can run high psi.

One cummins pump and one duramax pump likes 20 and lower psi.
The chevy pumps do not like high psi.

One cummins pump and one duramax pump likes 20 and lower psi.
The chevy pumps do not like high psi.

I have II dual CP3 kit (same as PPE from what I am told) that uses a Dmax pump. I just put in a 13 psi spring in my FASS to get the pressure from 18-20 to 12-15 psi. I was having a surging/sputtering feel under lite load but only noticeable when TST was plugged in even with it set at default settings. Smarty would make no difference on any program with the surge/sputter. By itself I didn't notice any surge/sputter either. I have an Isspro Performax rail pressure gauge and can see noticeable change when the surge/sputter happens.

Drove it today and it is much better with TST plugged back in. Set on 4x4 and TT05 program. Everything else at default. Still would get the occasional surge/sputter but nowhere near what I was getting before. I can live with it as it is now. Before I was ready to sell the TST.

what about the guys running those boost referenced fuel systems....how does that work as idle psi is about 15psi than it builds as boost builds

that always worked good on mine. As for inlet pressures, I run 27 PSI on my dual kit and have not had any issues with a dmax on top of a cummins pump. I have had it as high as 30 PSI at idle, but the rail pressure starts to increase art that point.

I have a mechanical gauge at the pump, FASS, 1/2" line, stock CP3...I see about 12psi @ idle and 10 or 11 @ WOT. It's rock solid the gauge never jumps twiches nothin...but I'm having rail psi issues and wondering if I need more inlet pressure?

Our latest dual Pump (Lift) setup is able to run both Pumps, switch between Pumps or run just one at will, You are able to do this at anytime under any conditions,I have only been able to test it with single stock and Modded stages, ( Waiting for II dual setup to Test).the PV is set at any levels from 5PSI to 30PSI,and yes you can feel the change when under load when the 2nd Pump is turn on(Extreme Pull) its almost impossible to see if its the pressure or the volume unless you drop the PSI below 5/7.Their so many variables it hard to forecast what benefits each application will produce, Although its Very convince to have.

oh yes... at idle. PPE will tell you not to run more than 12 to 20psi with their kit. At least when I talked to Dan about it a year or so ago.

With my truck running, I can lay under it adjusting the psi screw. Anything more than 20 to 25psi it starts breaking up.

I think now Dan is saying to run less than this, maybe b/c of tnt/r??

maybe this is why my truck started loping really bad it started after i put my new fuel pump on but only does it when on high settings till it reaches operating temps and then it doesnt do it as bad but it doesnt lope at all when it is on stock,tow,or performance btw i am running a walbro pump and a check valve that i ordered the box said 17-22psi but i havent put a gauge on it to see

so do you guys think that eliminator system is gonna be ok on my truck being boost referenced or should i change it out for a fass pump or somethin

so do you guys think that eliminator system is gonna be ok on my truck being boost referenced or should i change it out for a fass pump or somethin

Are you planning on running duals?

You can always disable the boost reference and still maintain adjustability of the inlet pressure with your regulator.

You can disable the boost just by disconnecting the tube from the regulator to your boost source. It will work fine, it just won't increase pressure with boost.

All I know is I've got the smallest (gph) pump that FASS makes (The 95GPH with 150 size filters) and I do not have a FP gauge......My PPE duals seem to work just fine!! I've got a Floor It Stage 2 pump on bottom and a Dmax pump on top!

I've talked to DieselDan about if I should upgrade to a 150gph or higher...He wanted me to test the 95gph a good bit as He believes that these other huge pumps aren't really needed!! At 750+ hp on a 95gph, I can't really say I see the need either!!!

Wow and i thought my FASS 150 was going to have a hard time to keep up. Thats good to know the 95 series will pump enough fuel for 750+ horse.