decision decisions......... exhaust housing characteristics

Drasko

I've been searching and reading until my eyes started bleeding and have yet to come to a final conclusion. I'm building what most guys here would consider a mediocre set of twins. The plan is an he351 with the drilled out wastegate to roughly 1" over an s475 I picked up last night. The 475 came with a t4 .90ar housing and a .1.10 t4 housing. I've heard off people using the 1.10 t4 on the primary but ive also read a lot about the 1.10 and 1.32 t6 housings being implemented. I do understand that the t4 will bring the primary on sooner than the t6 due to the larger volumetric flow but I haven't been able to find what the pros and major cons are from personal experiences.
The truck is a 99 f250 lowered 2wd reg cab long bed with the spare tire and as much random weight removed. It's sitting on 20x10 racelines with 305/50/20 nitto 420s. It's nothing but a street tow that will never tow as the whole receiver hitch is removed abd the bed had a 15gal fuel cell and the batteries. I'm hoping for 4500ibs with me in it.
The trans as of now is an nv4500 that will be replaced with a 47rh once the rest of the truck is complete and running.
12 valve
The blocks being bored .020 over and will receive large bowl pistons, 5x.016s, 160 pump, 25-30° timing.
I'm not planning for huge numbers although I know they will be possible, just a fun little toy to play in.

So after reading the lengthy post, which exhaust housing would be best for a set up like this? Should I try the housings I have and use the 1.10 t4 or would I choke the primary too much and cause possible during? Sorry for the lengthy post. I'm used to pull truck big singles, not quick street trucks with twins so I need some schooling. I just wanted to give as much info about my set up as possible.

Thank you
563f169708241203f45d6ffc2f66b9cb.jpg
e8e80385a2efa5dc9e1d3570032af7fc.jpg
ce790d7c1b0cf587fff2bb0a35183de6.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Not yet. It's in the back seat of my railroad truck. I'm out of town at work and bought it where I'm at and have no access to a micrometer.

Guessing it is the 83x74 and they also make a housing .8,.9,1.,1.1, and 1.25 in a T6. Think those run about $200 new. I could be an option. By doing that it would make it easier to move to the T6 96/88 turbine setup later. Of course if you shop around I think you can find a new 475 with the 1.32/96/88 turbo for less than $650

Why so much timing for such a mild set of compounds? Doesn't seem necessary for the power range it is going to have.

If your not planning on towing, why not just run the 475 as a single? Otherwise I'd run a T6 on it.

^^^^ I am with rdix7991 on this one, if it is just going to be a fun toy then I would probably run the 75 as a single and not worry about doing a lot of swapping. With your mods you should be able to spool that up pretty decently and not have as many parts in the way under the hood.

It's purely a guess. My old pull truck with this primary as a single was at 27 and I thought I might try a little more to see how this ask would light. I've thought about running this as a single once I build an auto for this but wanted to play with twins while the trucks a manual. I think It will be pretty laggy on a light little truck with a manual. The reason for twins was to help give me a better bottom end when I'm "in Mexico"

The reason for twins was to help give me a better bottom end when I'm "in Mexico"

The other thing you need to think about is that since you're in a 2wd a set of quick spooling compounds may be hard to keep hooked up on the street.