deutz 3 cylinder diesel

Glasseater

does anyone know what type of injection system the old (1970-1990ish range)deutz diesels use? they're found in trenchers, small backhoes, etc etc

Depends on which models...912/913 series were typically Bosch inline pumped, usually an A series pump. The smaller 1011/1012/1013 Series were unit injection I think. Those I've seen air cooled, water cooled, or oil cooled. The 912/913's were all air cooled IIRC!

Chris

humm alright... the engine is nowhere near me right now, its a state away on a job, but its not firing and obviously that means either air or fuel... i'm guessing fuel... once my dad brings his ditch witch back to jersey i'll be checking it out
thanks guys

Those types of engines SHOULD have 1 injection pump per cylinder bolted in the block and a nozzle in the head...Not all Models are like that. it's very common for them to have destroyed injection pumps due to lack of maintenance... get me a model# and a Serial#

they have 1 injection pump per cylinder bolted in the block and a nozzle in the head... it's very common for them to have destroyed injection pumps due to lack of maintenance... get me a model# and a Serial#

Again, just for the sake of correct information...not all Deutz's are unit injection;)

The one in question probably is being as it's in a Ditch Witch. Rack stuck?

Chris

it should be back home in a couple days and i'll take a look at it, i have no model or serial numbers or anything at the moment