DHRA Nationals-Friday/Saturday or leave Sat/Sun?

What format would you prefer?

• Friday qualifying/Saturday finals

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Leave it Saturday/Sunday

Votes: 78 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why not just run the whole thing on saturday and everybody has sunday to get back home? Your paying for the track for only one day.
Most drag racers want to run at night anyway.

My 2 cents.

Plus EVERYONE including the racers could party down saturday night then. I'm sure that's what Joe is really getting at. :D

Think at Indy you guys forget or may not know that they were out till 11pm on Saturday night this year getting the pulling out of the way.
Like I said in the other thread, this event has grown so much from the days at Muncie that I am sure it will come being a 3 day event in the future.

SpicyJam said:
Think at Indy you guys forget or may not know that they were out till 11pm on Saturday night this year getting the pulling out of the way.
Like I said in the other thread, this event has grown so much from the days at Muncie that I am sure it will come being a 3 day event in the future.

That is because we had a huge rain delay and 53 street trucks to qualify. IIRC, we were done well before 11, because we ate dinner, and hung out in the pits for a few hours and were on the way home by midnight.

Timbeaux38 said:
That is because we had a huge rain delay and 53 street trucks to qualify. IIRC, we were done well before 11, because we ate dinner, and hung out in the pits for a few hours and were on the way home by midnight.
Hmmm where was I when it was raining? Must have just hit over by the track, that part I did not know.........we left at 5:30pm and got a bite to eat.
Think the rest of Saturday night I was at the warehouse.........till 1am.

There was a nasty shower after you left. We got to stand around getting wet for a while LOL

In 06 there were 70 something trucks in the street class IIRC, and the pulls did not run terribly late.

Bet you felt great Sunday morning BTW

Timbeaux38 said:
There was a nasty shower after you left. We got to stand around getting wet for a while LOL

In 06 there were 70 something trucks in the street class IIRC, and the pulls did not run terribly late.

Bet you felt great Sunday morning BTW
Actually I got hammered Friday with Brady and his son Brett from II, Saturday was a bit rough, and since I drove over to the warehouse I tamed down. So I was not doing too bad Sunday........but hanging around watching Andy was fun since he won the quick diesel and then we split, Josh Peters hung back with him for the awards.......still made a long Sunday for us all.
Catch up with ya next year.........later Jim.

NADM - National Assoc. for Diesel Motorsports from what I hear. I guess we will see what happens

We'll stick with Sat/Sun- everyone spoke up and the majority is obvious.I'll let Indy and Texas know. We are working feverishly at getting the schedule completed so stand by.

EMcBride said:
We'll stick with Sat/Sun- everyone spoke up and the majority is obvious.I'll let Indy and Texas know. We are working feverishly at getting the schedule completed so stand by.

Are we looking at the same weekends or now different?

No kidding Tim-LMAO!

Nationals schedule tentative dates (Utah is the only one tentative.)
Indy May 31- June 1
Utah August 16
Texas October 11-12

BigBadDodge said:
Eric, why the move to Utah from Vegas ???

BBD
The track had one of our pullers get a vehicle nice and shiny and banners made, we sent things out for a display during their Craftsman Truck race and then they never let us in. Strike one.
They moved our date to August 23rd (Schied's date:bang ) that was strike two.
Then the rent went up more than twice as much as this year's -strike three.
And, then there is the HUGE list of other things such as entertainment competition, cost of advertising, building the pulling track vs. dust nazis ($10,000 fine for creating dust) etc.
Also-UTAH is a MUCH bigger hot bed for diesels than Nevada and it is still close to CA.

Thanks Eric, I would have to agree with the move after being enlightened.

BBD

EMcBride said:
The track had one of our pullers get a vehicle nice and shiny and banners made, we sent things out for a display during their Craftsman Truck race and then they never let us in. Strike one.
They moved our date to August 23rd (Schied's date:bang ) that was strike two.
Then the rent went up more than twice as much as this year's -strike three.
And, then there is the HUGE list of other things such as entertainment competition, cost of advertising, building the pulling track vs. dust nazis ($10,000 fine for creating dust) etc.
Also-UTAH is a MUCH bigger hot bed for diesels than Nevada and it is still close to CA.

Yea, They see the potential for MORE money so they try to stick it to you.

Yea, I aggree with UTAH being a Bigger Hot Bed for Diesels for sure! :D

I guess I will have to make my first trip to UTAH :rockwoot:

Last edited:
I think so too, Utah is becoming bigger and bigger with the diesels. In the past year I have seen the amount of modded diesels on the road sky rocket. Also with a couple big names in diesel performance like Wide Open, and Moonlite here it helps too.

I also like that I don't have to drive hours to see the show.