DHRA OHIO Pull this Sat...the 15th..

I dont think anyone has the original Rockwell they started out with, aside form new trucks this year.

How many rockwells broke sat night? I remember a frame, drop box, and is kents front axle still a dana 60 or has he improved it?

That was an example. Bottom line, this class has been shedding parts that weren't supposed to break for 2 years.(they worked in the gasser trash classes for years, is there a pattern here?)

What weight did the Super Stock tractors start out at?
What are they at now?

How about stock frame, stock sheetmetal, one ton or smaller engine, 8000 pounds.
Tube frames, and or/fiberglass bodies, larger engines, less, 7500 or so?

All caught up said:
i would say 7500, 6000 is to light if you dont have a tube frame, but it dont matter thats why mine should be done around Christmas!
Have you sold the purple one yet ? I was surprised that it was for sale so soon didn't you just get it off ebay in July ?

Jay

How about stock frame, stock sheetmetal, one ton or smaller engine, 8000 pounds.
Tube frames, and or/fiberglass bodies, larger engines, less, 7500 or so?

Sure that sounds fine, but
larger engines
will kill the class. EEP, haisley, scheid have spent how many years figuring out and developing parts for the 5.9 and then have DHRA possibly change a rule to let different motors in. It actually looked like the class was starting to take off a little bit more this year, and there will be more in the class. Doesnt DHRA have a class (Outlaw Exhibition) that no one signs up for anyways.

I agree with you there jeremy. We are pretty deep into a d-max mod project and would hate for all our r&d to go down the drain when they start putting dt466 or sb JD motors in them.

I vote no on the larger engines.AS for the weight I dont know what our 2wd is going to weigh you it is going to have alot of weights on it to make 7500lb it going to be interresting running against the mod 4x4 alot better than running exibition.
Dale

Straley said:
will kill the class.

What class?
2 trucks ran the circuit. It does not look good, not only for DHRA, but Diesels pulling in general when a promoter/sponsor/fans see two trucks in a top billed class.

Any Diesel engine will actually let EEP run their project engine, that has been outlawed since the rules were written.

The Mods dont seem to have a problem running against gasser trucks in OSTPA, so why be scared of a non automotive Diesel block?

If we have a run away, we'll handicap them. Ben Millers PSD may have to be handicapped as it is.

So what you guys are saying, is, DHRA needs to keep the class the way the current Mod guys want, IN CASE they feel like coming to pull??

The class needs more trucks, what are you, the pullers going to do to grow it?

Dale running with us is fine with me, after he gets it figured out it will be a very dominant truck and DHRA will want to handicap him anyways. Why handicap Ben Miller? He has a legal setup that is allowed according to the rules. So when Watson gets his duramax setup going and winning a few you will handicap him also. Thats just plain stupid. When will you guys have the rules available for next year?

Ben Millers PSD may have to be handicapped as it is.

why would you do that ?
please explain.
Thanks
Jay

Hmmm...May have to build a chassis to swap the block back and forth from the tractor to the truck.....

Why handicap a good running truck that is built to the rules?

Excellent question with a poor answer.

When Chris Watson won 4 in a row, in 2006, with the only tube frame in the class, my ear was being chewed to handicap him.
I didn't do it, because his margin of victory wasn't that great. From 6"-to about 8 feet.

However, Ben Miller has destroyed the class a couple times, by 30+FEET.Nobody has done that since Kent Crowder, in 04 ish, when he finally got an engine built to live more than one pass.

I'm sure the chirping will start, as soon as Ben starts doing it weekly.

ETA on :rules: Ask Deiter.

he put 13 ft on 2nd place haisley last night in ky, and won again! part of pullin more fun chasin him down then letten the rules make it even. someone will catch him.....

See how big the margin of victory, if there is a victory when we start pulling on 300' tracks and less again. Last night he went 363, full pull in the street class was 400'. Something needs to be done about the distances we are running. Id be happy if the class were shut down at 270'-290'. I would think shelbyville will be a more reasonable track with the massive dirt pile at the end. 310-320' for a full pull there?

All caught up said:
.....part of pullin, more fun chasin him down then letten the rules make it even. .....

That should be every pullers motto.:clap:

I agree with Jeremy, to change the rules to level the playing field would be ridiculous. It is not often you see that many mod trucks break at one event (in my opinion it was the track and wear on parts throughout the season that caused this). The best way (in my opinion) to handle this would be to get all the guys together and come up with rules everyone agrees on and payouts worth their while to travel. The DHRA needs the mod trucks because they are what brings in the crowds, changing the rules is only going to upset more drivers and discourage them from following your circuit.

Oh and as far as Ben Miller...why should he be handicapped for getting his setup running good? Does this mean if you win more than 5 pulls there is going to be a rule made to keep you from winning? Maybe some of the other mod drivers arent at the top of their game at this point in the season and Ben is? Next year is going to bring alot of changes as far as trucks from what I've been hearing and things should be alot more interesting.

MBusse said:
...........The best way (in my opinion) to handle this would be to get all the guys together and come up with rules everyone agrees on//////

why should he be handicapped for getting his setup running good? Does this mean if you win more than 5 pulls there is going to be a rule made to keep you from winning?........ .

This is exactly what happened in Street class last year. DHRA let the overwhelming majority of the pullers in the class, change the rules to what they wanted, and virtually banned the 2 best trucks.

Ask Chris if he would have been able to run a tube frame, if we would have let the Mods drivers vote on frames, a couple years back.

It has been proven to me, that most pullers cannot see over their own hoods, for the betterment of the class, and sport.

We'll discuss it in Shelbyvile this weekend.