Diagnois help please.

jallan

Smoke show
Where to begin, trying to custom tune my truck with out success there has to be a underlying issue for sure that has not been noticed. It is not the issue with the tuner writing the tunes, I belive it is an issue with my truck. I will explain next.

Here are some parts I have on my truck industrial 85% over cp3 with 125,000mi on it since the mod so I think its the original pump my truck came with and truck now has 256,700 mi on it.
sheid 150hp injectors less than 800 mi, new fass HD150 200 mi on it. New MAP sensor and air intake temp sensor. I am not sure what other info is needed.

So I took my smarty (SO-6 latest TNTR Soft ware) and I set my truck back to stock (Early 04,6 speed). Start the truck and let it warm up before test drive. On easy acceleration in 2nd gear going down the drive way holding constant speed the injectors are loud and the rail pressure is high around 12,000 psi. Now accelerating out on the road medium acceleration nothing over half throttel injectors are loud and rail pressure seems a bit high 15k and above. Now with cruise control set at 60 mph you can hear the injectors slightly and rail pressure is at about 13,500 psi and after about 3 to 5 miles the injectors quiet down and the rail pressure goes down to around 8,000 psi.
Then if you stop and sit for 1 min or so then take back off it starts all over again. Rail pressure high (injectors loud) while taking off with easy to medium acceleration then when getting to 60mph set the cruise rail pressure is again at 13,500 psi again for about 3 to 5 miles then it comes back down to 8,000psi.

This does not seam to be much of an issue but when trying to custom tune (UDC) this issue is more pronounced (the rail pressure). But trying to stay focused on the issue when the truck is programed to stock.

I am trying to figure out what esle to say with out rameling on for 17 pages and lose focus on a issue, but if more info is needed even if testing some more things I most certianly can do.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

with a volt meter or with the FCA would mechanically something be wrong with it?

You can unplug the FCA the truck should rattle like a B%tch Plug it back in less than 30 seconds to recover? Call Todd at T&C Diesel for more info and help!

22 seconds to recover I have done this test before. But this was last month it could be worse by now!?