Diamond Eye exhaust on a 95 12V

JD4440

Stuck @ 508
Kind of frustrated on this, I mostly work on Dmax's and use MBRP exhaust. My father in law wanted a 4" exhaust and every time he got a JEGS catalog in the mail he'd call and ask how much I could get one for. I finally sold him a Diamond Eye because the finally became cheap enough for him. I figured they might fit OK since their down pipe for the DMax fits better than MBRP's by far.

Here's the problem: 4" down pipe on an automatic truck = Maybe an 1/16" of clearance on the frame side and maybe 3/16 on the trans side between this cooler line I guess it is and the pipe. I moved the bracket as far away from it as I could but it's still close enough I think it'll heat up the fluid and I'm not too confident it'll stay that far away. Is there any known remedy to this ? Do all exhaust come this close on an auto truck ?
Problem 2 : ****ty instructions (to be nice about it) We spent a good amount of time figuring out the rear hanger deal just to find out that you have to buy a special hanger kit for a 94-97 :soap: . All I ask for is some damn pictures to show some of this stuff. All it came with was a picture of the pieces in line and the hangers that was taken from 50' away.
So; I think I'm ok on the rear portion even though it fit like ****, I just want to make sure I won't have any problems on the front pipe. Thanks , Chris

I don't think it will heat it up, if you're too worried get some header wrap for it.

That was my first idea, Mat do it when I'm under it next.

I really like the way the Diamond eye sounds on my 12 valve, and have had many good comments about it. But their idea of quality fitment is piss poor at best.. Diamond eye is easily the worst exhaust to try and install..

It fit pretty well on my 7.3, it was close to the trans in one spot, but it was a 5" exhaust so I didn't think much of it. Haven't installed one on a 12 valve yet. The only thing I don't like is where they exit, I'd rather have it angled back a tad.

We do them on 12 valves all the time and have never had a problem, we have had to make hangers occasionally, the downpipe should fit fine if a 5" will, I could weenie being hard not working on a rack... Are you working on he ground? We just get everything on and loose and adjust it from there, then tighten up from front to back.. Quit thinking about it so hard it's just an exhaust!

My diamond eye fit alright except I had to shorten a hanger. Otherwise it was fine.

I had no problems fitting my Diamond Eye. I was very happy with the price as opposed to more expensive systems that all do the exact same thing. I love the sound of mine too.

Quit thinking about it so hard it's just an exhaust!
Really ??? I'd rather think about it hard now than on the side of the road after it's melted through the line or overheated the trans.

My diamond eye fit alright except I had to shorten a hanger. Otherwise it was fine.
Yea, the rear one was about 2" too long.
The only thing I don't like is where they exit, I'd rather have it angled back a tad.
Yea, I like how my MBRP followed the 45* factory bend. This one was like a Flowmaster almost a 90*

The Diamond Eye kit i installed on my 1993 W250 fit perfect and was very easy to fit, Took less time then the MBRP kit on my 1999 2500.