Diamond Pistons

rawdog

Any one ever hear of diamond pistons? Use them in a 5.9 build?

Yeah. I think they are basically a Mahle piston with some custom machining to them. They are typically found in PS and Dmaxs. I've heard the bowl matching to injector spray isn't the best in cummins but no first hand experience.

The brand Diamond or are you referring to bowl shape? I've used Diamond custom pistons in some gas engines, they're a nice piece. Didn't know they offer Cummins pistons.

One of the top Cummins engine builders for 2.6/3.0 uses diamond pistons. He switched over from Ross when he found some tolerance issues. Other then that I know nothing of them.

Last edited:
Diamond will build you anything you want. They are on par with Ross if not better in the gasser world.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Diamond Piston is in no way conected to Mahle. They do custom pistons in both billet and forged. I have used then in 6.7, 5.9 and destroked 6.7 ;s and in my extream destroked 4 inch cummins for the D motor. They will build you any bore , ring package any bowl design , and any compression height,

they also do custom pins in M300 and H13 tool steel

I have quite a few bowl designs on file for the 6.7 and destroked 6.7 in compression from 16 to 21 to 1

Im having a set of diamonds made for my new motor. Hopefully have them in a week or so. Diamond has come a long ways in the last few years

Mine were 2200 coated, tool steel pin,valve reliefs cut, rings, and the bowl that I wanted

They call it double diamond coating, so I guess it's a high temp coating.

Back