Dickson Co. TN Street Legal Truck Pull - Sept. 10

All right fellas. This is the rules for THURSDAY nights pull. Friday night will be MTPA rules. I just hung up with Steve Manley who is in charge. It's basic brush pull rules. These are what I deemed most important. The rest of the rules he read off were just the good old common sense stuff. If you have a question that is not answered here, post it and I will try to get you an answer as soon as possible.

The rules that were printed in the paper stated classes would be 6200, 7200, 8200, and 10200 but Steve said they will be what I have posted below.

Classes:
6500 lb Gas
6500 lb Diesel
7500 lb Diesel or Gas
8500 lb Diesel or Gas
9000 lb Pure Stock
10500 lb Diesel or Gas
Outlaw Class if enough interest.

All classes but Outlaw:

80% Payback
Must have current registration
Driver’s under 18 must have parent or guardian present to sign their permission
No Nitrous or Propane
No weights forward of front bumper and bumper must be in stock position
Must use a clevis or pulling hitch. No balls.
26” Hitch height
Traction and ladder bars OK
Water injection OK
All drivers must attend driver’s meeting
Driver only in the truck during pull
Trucks may be trailered in

Outlaw Class will be wide open. Run what you brung. Anything goes unless decided against during the drivers meeting by the drivers. If the driver’s would like, it will be a $10 or $5 hook and winner take all. ANYTHING can pull in the Outlaw Class as long as it is deemed safe by the authorities. No license or registration is required.

EVERYBODY will pay $5 to get in the gate and when a driver signs up to pull he will get his $5 back.

Scott

Now that's more like it. Though I may still not pull though. Will atleast bring the camera though.

Sorry eveyone on the rules. I have been really busy and havent had time to check it out.

"Outlaw Class will be wide open. Run what you brung. Anything goes unless decided against during the drivers meeting by the drivers."

What kind of rule is this? I thought outlaw meant anything goes? What this really means is as long as you don't step on the toes of some it will be ok. The rules around here are always crazy. It only changed to a 26" hitch height last year. Also no one goes by weight class anymore. One day they will get inline with every other pull rules around.

Anyway I hope to see everyone there.

I was gonna say. Cause I have no kill switch and my tires are 36's. Its a daily driver also. LOL. Is there a deadline time to enter?

"Outlaw Class will be wide open. Run what you brung. Anything goes unless decided against during the drivers meeting by the drivers."

What kind of rule is this? I thought outlaw meant anything goes? What this really means is as long as you don't step on the toes of some it will be ok. The rules around here are always crazy. It only changed to a 26" hitch height last year. Also no one goes by weight class anymore. One day they will get inline with every other pull rules around.

Anyway I hope to see everyone there.

I vote for no Dodges!

What kind of rule is this? I thought outlaw meant anything goes? What this really means is as long as you don't step on the toes of some it will be ok.

The way I took it from Steve is that it's up to the majority of the drivers who want to sign up for the Outlaw Class. "Some" is not the majority. Like I stated, run any truck you want to bring, as long as it is safe. Anything goes. Nitrous, propane, compound turbos, no weight limit. Anything goes as long as the majority of the drivers are OK with it. There were guys at the spring pull loading large concrete blocks in their trucks.

Also forgot to mention, and I will edit my post to reflect this, all tires must be DOT street-legal tires. No cut tires.

Scott

Well, I can't edit my post now, so make sure you know:

All tires must be DOT street-legal tires. No cut tires

As far as I know, as long as you make the driver's meeting, which should be at 7:00, you can pull. If you want to PM me your cell number, I'll check with Steve tomorrow morning to see if he can accommodate any late comers and I'll call you back.

Scott

Good deal. I hate you can't hang weight though. At least it's 7500. I barely fit under 7200. I'm sittin' here undecided on whether I'll pull or not. I heard divorce court's not cheap when compounded with a driveline failure.

Good deal. I hate you can't hang weight though. At least it's 7500. I barely fit under 7200. I'm sittin' here undecided on whether I'll pull or not. I heard divorce court's not cheap when compounded with a driveline failure.

Aww come on down. Your truck is a celebrity to a lot of the guys around here. At least show up and hang out for a little while. Just find my truck, "drinks" are on me.

Aw, no doubt I'm coming. Just questionable on the participation. I feel like drinkin' since the wife won't be there.
And how does anyone other than the 6 people I know from Dixon know my truck, Youtube ?? That's pretty cool.

Aw, no doubt I'm coming. Just questionable on the participation. I feel like drinkin' since the wife won't be there.
And how does anyone other than the 6 people I know from Dixon know my truck, Youtube ?? That's pretty cool.

Several of them from Dickson was at the Springfield pull. Several others have seen your truck at various other places. I call dibs on your truck if you ever want to sell it.:hehe:

Just make a good offer. I'll sell it any day.
We'll be there around 6 hopefully. I havent talked to Shep

Dickson County Fairgrounds

Hwy. 47 Dickson, TN 37055

If you take I40 West to the Dickson exit 272 turn right and go 3-4 miles. You will see AutoZone on the right. Turn at the light by AutoZone and the Fairgrounds will be on the left.

Just talked to Joe. There will be gas, stock diesel, and 4 weight classes. 6200 7200, 8200, 10200
More of a run what you brung class.

Helment and firesuits should not be needed for the Thursday pull.

Anthony

Sure that isn't exit 172? Looked it up on mapquest, and it says 172.

No apologies needed. Just wanted to be sure that no one was confused by that while trying to find the exit. The pull didn't turn out too bad. Not real sure what was going on with the "stock" class, but did get a little video. I believe I have all of Barry's pulls, and one of PSD Trav's pulls. I'll try to get those posted up some time tomorrow. For now, I'm off to bed.

No apologies needed. Just wanted to be sure that no one was confused by that while trying to find the exit. The pull didn't turn out too bad. Not real sure what was going on with the "stock" class, but did get a little video. I believe I have all of Barry's pulls, and one of PSD Trav's pulls. I'll try to get those posted up some time tomorrow. For now, I'm off to bed.

I thought about posting last night but all I could think about was that pilow by the time I made it home. 4 guys stopped me wanting to buy my truck as I was talking to Joe. Think I pulled out of the lot (still with the truck) at 11:37. I'll come prepared next time guys, promise.
P.S. I never did find that Ford with the bowtie on the tailgate LOL, so I left as sober as I came.