diesel and engine oil additives

Texaschromeboy

Cummins Cadillac
Sorry if this has been posted before but i wanted to know what is the best diesel additive that does an all around good job on cleaning the whole system ive used power service before but i want to know what is the best that can make the engine run smooth and one that might not be a concern to O-rings and seals.
And what is the best engine oil additive, i never used it before on my engines

I am pretty partial to Lucas products. I notice better mileage when running the injector cleaner. If there is a power increase it isn't really noticeable, especially since I don't flog my truck most of the time. I noticed a little higher oil pressure when using the oil stabilizer. pretty good stuff imho.

I run the DieselService myself... Don't remember the difference, but I run the white bottle, not the gray.

yeah i use the white bottle also i havent really paid attention to the gray and what the differences is but....so white bottle power service for fuel and lucas is the better one to go with for engine oil additive and what does it do specifically

Opti-Lube XPD is said to be one of the best all-around fuel additives: anti-gel, cetane improver, demulsifier, anti-wear lubricant.

its the lucas oil additives in those little 2 quart bottles that lubricate the engine more if that answers the question.

Cool read, didn't really expect that to happen....I guess I'll let the synthetics work their magic on their own...

that was pretty educational i think i might just add some to my motor oil myself next time but i gotta figure out how much...many thanks

Did we read the same link? The conclusion was, the lucas produced air bubbles in the oil.....air is bad in any hydraulic system....You are still more than welcome to use it, I on the other hand will not. Just my opinion I guess...

if it was good for oil to foam up and turn into petroleum based mayonaise, why wouldn't oil manufacturers change their forumlas to mimic the addition of Lucas? :confused:

Lucas is to be added to engines, transmissions, and rear ends before selling a vehicle in order to mask low oil pressure, rattles, whining, chattering, etc.

Although it makes you wonder if it has some of the same additives??

I think I need to order some more Amsoil!
Chris:D