diesel dummy in texas

riknmay

Howdy from texas! Been drag racin and circle trackin for years and my dodge has alwasys been just my ol farm truck and my rig pullin my cars to the track. So now after hearin all the hoop-la about people drag racing diesels I figured thats something right up my alley,m but I have really no idea on where to start, so naturally Im turning to you guys to educate me. I have an 03 24v and an 98 12v.My 03 is now needingh some engine work and when i rebuild it I'm thinking stock is no-longer good enough. I have no idea what the difference is in common rail, vp pump or p-pump. So I'm needing to know how to combine the two engines to get more horsepower or what I can do to beef up my 03, mabey just a street racer or something just to show off red light to red light without dumpin several thousand dollars into it(maybe something I can dump a **** load of smoke into the cab of these little rice burners takin off from the red light. I know about buying a programmer and all that but i want to beef up the power plant and do it all with little tricks and internal stuff that will last. So any info would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

Well it has 24 valves, and he said he didn't know crap. Give him a break, he didn't go all holmesfarm on us.
riknmay, for the record..... 98.5 to 02 is called a 24v, 03 to 07 is a commonrail.
(24v = vp44 injection pump 03+ = cp3 injection pump)

Just a word of warning!
Diesel is very addicting!!!!!!!! once you start addin power you'll never want to stop!!!
I can see it comein all ready you will be one of those guys that will quit racin and start dragin or pullin.
My pulling nightmear started with a edge programer with a hot code!!:rockwoot: