diesel fuel leak

Texaschromeboy

Cummins Cadillac
We haved a 92 dodge 250 and today it started leaking diesel between the block and the injection pump i didnt start em but when i push the lift pump lever to pump diesel up to it, it starts leaking in that spot but i dont have clue what sits between the engine and the pump is it a gasket or o-ring that might have gone bad all of a sudden?

im sorry i couldnt find it on the pictures, but is it common on these trucks to have this cause we got a 93 that we had for like 12-13 years and hasnt had that happen to it yet but this 92 has close to 400,000 miles on it so it could be understandable that the seals and o-ring in that particular part of the pump is bad.

It Has A Triangular Paper Gasket Between The Front Cover And Pump Other Than That Probably The Governor Shaft O Ring Mine Does The Same Thing .

i believe its the o-ring that is in the diamond shaped plate that is on the back side of the pump thats put together by two bolts, between the engine and the pump but does that mean i have to take the pump of? if so what do i need to do about the timing once i put it back on would it be hard to do that cause ive never done it before.

no o ring on the front if the truck is filling the crank case with fuel it could be the front seal. (not common). under the pump toward the engine there is a timing pin. losen it so that it goes in and out then turn the engine over til you feel it push into the timing gear. losent he 10 mm bolt or lock timing pin on the side of the pump that has the horse shoe tab. pull the tab out and tighten the bolt not a lot snug it down. then pop the gear and you are ready to remove the pump