diesel hp rating for pounds per minute

hereismylife

Unknow at this time
How much hp do you get for 1 pound per minute of air flow on a diesel?

Some reason we get less on diesels vrs the gassers.

Anyone know

thanks

So you are telling me I can make 364-520 hp on the stock xh35?

520 is on the high side IMHO, but there have been a number of people that have made power in the range you're talking about on an hx35. I can think of a few on here right off the top of my head.

So you are telling me I can make 364-520 hp on the stock xh35?

Yes and no, with a 35/40 hybrid yes but it will be hot. No you will not see 520hp on a dyno but if you take the dyno number and add 17% that was lost through the drivetrain and you will be right in the neighborhood.

The last 12v that I set up with a 35/40 hybrid dynoed around 490hp at the rear tires, add 17% and it had 570hp at the flywheel...that's 9-10hp per lb/min

Last edited:
Thanks guys good info here:rockwoot:

I am looking for peak hp with diesel only with the hx35 at the rear wheels?

Also what boost will give me the peak hp with the turbo?

I am looking at a daily driver prospective......

:what: Well you all were talkin about hypothetical hp numbers soooo I know what his truck made on a dyno with a hx35 seemed logical to me to post the number... :bang

:what: Well you all were talkin about hypothetical hp numbers soooo I know what his truck made on a dyno with a hx35 seemed logical to me to post the number... :bang

Nope, we were talking about how much horsepower per lb. of air diesels make.
An hx35 was mentioned, but the thread was not about how much power can you get out of an hx35.

i know 9712valve made around 450 at the wheels on an hx35 with fuel only, he was pullin about 60lbs of boost.

Ok?.... Yep I knew what the thread was abt but the op brought up the hx and hp and others threw some numbers out, guess u missed that part.