Diesel Power (Wishlist#5): ISB Aluminum Head

Phily 911

Satire
Diesel Power's Decemeber 2009 issue has a wishlist and #5 is a aluminum head for the Cummins. Just wondering what you guys think of that............

:nail:

I would rather have a cast head with some extra meat around the ports for some decent porting

Lots of Super Stock tractors run an aluminum head with upwards of 200psi boost. At least it would be repairable if it cracked.

If I could afford it, I would be all over it.. lots of weight savings,, easy to port. No real losses, just gains IMHO

Love it we would be all over that in a heart beat.. anything to get some more weight off the front of the trucks.

Wouldn't durability suffer alittle w/ a Cast iron block and aluminum head? Don't those two heat up at different rates? I would think head gasket failures would be allot more common.?????

There would be obvious benefits. But I don't know about the durability thing. I place a premium on durability.

i dont know. i also dont plan on getting 500,000miles out of my motor since im pushing over 4 times the boost into it.