DieselWrencher's 1/8th mile

BowtiedCTD

CHIVE ON
So we got to take my Brothers 05 F350 Crew Cab Long Box SRW to the track this past friday. we got there bout half way through test and tune and he was still able to make 8 passes in the 1/8th. It was his first time Drag racing a 9000 pound truck and let alone in 4x4. I rode along for a couple runs and the lights are hard to judge when u have to build boost in a short period of time. All he has done to the truck is 5 inch exhaust, DJs Looney tune, Accufab Intake, Cold air intake, and a shimmed fuel regulator. Had full tank of fuel, tool box full of tools, 325/60/18s, and a passenger for a couple runs. guess on weight is around 9000 pounds.

1st pass:
Forgot it was in nuetral.....
.00 Dial in
1.5344 RT
2.8009 60FT
6.9984 330FT
70.18 MPH

Last pass with passenger

.00 Dial In
.5582 RT
1.8805 60FT
5.8995 330FT
9.3841 1/8th mile
70.48 MPH

There is alot of room for improvement, and for the first time out for the yr i think he did a heck of a job, and i just love that it smoked the whole 1/8th mile. Thanks to Vivian and DJ at DJs Diesel Performance. Video is uploading now.

Nicholas

Not bad times there guys... keep working on it.. lose a little weight.. they should get down there and be really nice before long.

BowtiedCTD said:
So we got to take my Brothers 05 F350 Crew Cab Long Box SRW to the track this past friday. we got there bout half way through test and tune and he was still able to make 8 passes in the 1/8th. It was his first time Drag racing a 9000 pound truck and let alone in 4x4. I rode along for a couple runs and the lights are hard to judge when u have to build boost in a short period of time. All he has done to the truck is 5 inch exhaust, DJs Looney tune, Accufab Intake, Cold air intake, and a shimmed fuel regulator. Had full tank of fuel, tool box full of tools, 325/60/18s, and a passenger for a couple runs. guess on weight is around 9000 pounds.

1st pass:
Forgot it was in nuetral.....
.00 Dial in
1.5344 RT
2.8009 60FT
6.9984 330FT
70.18 MPH

Last pass with passenger

.00 Dial In
.5582 RT
1.8805 60FT
5.8995 330FT
9.3841 1/8th mile
70.48 MPH

There is alot of room for improvement, and for the first time out for the yr i think he did a heck of a job, and i just love that it smoked the whole 1/8th mile. Thanks to Vivian and DJ at DJs Diesel Performance. Video is uploading now.

Nicholas

unless that truck is FULLY loaded out, I call BS on the weight. Weigh it and than get back to us.

heinzboy said:
unless that truck is FULLY loaded out, I call BS on the weight. Weigh it and than get back to us.

Do i need to shut u up just like i did adam B4???

Truck w/o driver and w/ 1/4 tank of fuel=8450
Weight of driver=260
Weight of passenger=230
additional 30 gallons of fuel=240
tool box full of tools=200+

Grand total=9380.....hmmm i think ur BS has been refuted and this is without the weight of the bigger tires and the added weight of the gooseneck hitch.

But where are you getting the weight from? Is that from an actual scale? With my lift, tires, gooseneck, and hitch I'm only at 8255lbs, scale verified. Last run (12.18) was with the tailgate and winch so I figure about 8350lbs. And that's with a 7.3. I know the F350's are heavier, but they're not that much heavier. Is there something else on the truck we're missing?

Danny, the 8450 is scale verified, the driver and passenger weights are scale verified, and the weight of diesel doesnt really change. its 8 pounds a gallon. only unknown actual weight is the tool box. but 3/4 inch sets ot socket and breaker bar and ratchets arent light at all. i didnt add in the weight of the hitch cuz that is unknown, weight of tires is unknown from stock. i only added in the KNOWN weights. i know for a fact, that truck, our 25FT gooseneck trailer, and my truck on a scale are 23500. my truck only weighs 6900 pounds without me in it. so that leaves 17000 pounds for the truck and trailer.

In this post u can find all the list of goodies he has in the toolbox:

Powerstroke.org Rookie
dieselwrenchers Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrannan19 View Post
doubt Ryans truck weighs 9k...good times though..get that thing on a scale.
Hey Adam, I have been weighing this truck for almost 2 years now. Scales at truck pulls are the same weight I get at the landfill when I weigh it. It weighs 8460 with me in it and the fuel gauge on empty. Prolly 5 gallons in there. And that is with my tool box not full of tools. Now throw in some 3/4 drive tool sets, not just a few sockets but the whole set with breaker bars and ratchets. A 3 1/2 ton floor jack called the beast from matco, a 4 1/2 cast iron pipe wrench, and who knows what else is under the rest of crap. So if it didn't weigh 9k with me and Nick in there and all that crap and a full tank then I don't know what to tell ya. What prolly doesn't help it's weight is the gooseneck plate set up in it. The guy that installed it used overkill metal so I am sure that added a few hundred pounds atleast."

BowtiedCTD said:
Do i need to shut u up just like i did adam B4???

Truck w/o driver and w/ 1/4 tank of fuel=8450
Weight of driver=260
Weight of passenger=230
additional 30 gallons of fuel=240
tool box full of tools=200+

Grand total=9380.....hmmm i think ur BS has been refuted and this is without the weight of the bigger tires and the added weight of the gooseneck hitch.

yes shut me up...you have posted 2 different weights already about your bros truck. Thus I said weigh the truck. Guesstimates are just that.

so ur gonna give me chit about 10 pounds??? thats sweet teletoby. And which 2 weights u talking about??? cuz one is b4 toolbox and tools and the other is after. but then again if u dont say it it must not be true cuz there is no way a truck like that can weigh that much huh?

Last edited:
"and my brothers crew cab long box SRW weighs 8460 with a 1/4 tank of fuel and NO driver..."
" Truck w/o driver and w/ 1/4 tank of fuel=8450"

" It weighs 8460 with me in it and the fuel gauge on empty. Prolly 5 gallons in there"

Thats alot of 10 pounds..dont ya think?

ok then ill correct it for u, i misread it, ill admit that. it weighs 9080 then. still over 9000 pounds.

BowtiedCTD said:
so ur gonna give me chit about 10 pounds??? thats sweet teletoby. And which 2 weights u talking about??? cuz one is b4 toolbox and tools and the other is after. but then again if u dont say it it must not be true cuz there is no way a truck like that can weigh that much huh?

i just dont know what weights to believe.

Like I said, if its fully weighted out than yes it could be over 9000 pounds. Your bros truck is a HEAVY mofo though stock.

then dont believe any of it toby, simple as that. i made a mistake ill admit that. but u dont believe me so thats that.

yea i know its a fat ole girl that likes to go fast and pull lots of weight. i never thought it would be much over 8000 pounds let alone almost a ton heavier than my truck and still move like it does.

Mine weighed 8440 at the pulls in Co with me in it. Hard to see a srw weigh more than mine stock.