Different Locations to Mount a FASS 150?

Wyatt Earp

Owner / Diesel Geek
Hi,

I need some assistance. I've got this customer that has a FASS 150 and a Short Box 2001 with these massive running boards that have these huge brackets that are in the way of the "normal" location for install.

Has anyone ever mounted it anywhere else?

Maybe same side, rear of rear wheel? Maybe inside the frame between fuel tank and drive line? I'm stumped. Please help - I will be finishing this install next weekend so I've got a bit of time.:thankyou2:

It is way tight under a SB. I have twin kennedy pumps monted between the tank and xfer case, and it is pretty tight. I'd tell him to loose or modify the boards.

Attachments

• KDpump1.JPG
    KDpump1.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 21
  • KDpump2.JPG
    KDpump2.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 12
  • KDpump4.JPG
    KDpump4.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 11
Can you make something that will lift or mount the system above the rail? I see no problem with mounting it above the tank. ....just add a Kennedy pump between the two if you have concern, you just need one. I think those pumps (JK's) can run dry without dammage, I think?

Well, having the FASS sit horizontal is likely not an option due to the air seperator. I want to attempt to keep it vertical and as high as possible. The client doesn't want to loose the steps.

Oh yeah, keep it vertical. Heck, mounting it sideways is like preas'n in the wind.....don't werk. Can you mount it up in the body cavity just above and against or close to the filler neck?