discover motorhome

powerstrokin

GO VOLS!
A friend of my dad has a 05 discover motorhome and his looking for a little more power. He got a quote from banks and they gave him a price of over 3,000 and that was more then he wanted to spend. He's just wanting a programmer for more power and not to worried with mpg. The info I have on the motor is a 5.9 ISB cummings with a allision auto. He says it has 275 horsepower rating on it now. Hopefully I'm in the right forum for this info. Any ideas for alittle more power? Programmer? Thanks!

I don't think the programming is the same on those as the trucks. Maybe I'm wrong but you may need a custom tune. Probably gonna cost ya. Good luck and let me know what you find out. Maybe try on cummins forum under towing or recreation.

A friend of my dad has a 05 discover motorhome and his looking for a little more power. He got a quote from banks and they gave him a price of over 3,000 and that was more then he wanted to spend. He's just wanting a programmer for more power and not to worried with mpg. The info I have on the motor is a 5.9 ISB cummings with a allision auto. He says it has 275 horsepower rating on it now. Hopefully I'm in the right forum for this info. Any ideas for alittle more power? Programmer? Thanks!

Cummings????? No such thing!!!*bdh**bdh*:doh:

Injectors are usually interchangeable. You might call up extrude hone and see what they charge to hone out those stock injector for more power. You're probably still going to need a some kind of a fooler for the map sensor so the ecm doesn't defuel.

I'm sure Smarty has an answer to your question.Pm Bob Wagner with the info on the motorhome and I'm sure he'll have a tuner for you. That would be my first choice for power improvements.:cheer:

I like the mp-8s. I put one on a RV with a C-7 cat in it and the owner loves it. He said he has picked up some mpg and he says the power is great less downshifting on hills.