DIY Nozzle Extrude Hone?

6btdakota

I have an idea and wondering what you guys think of it. I currently have brand new bosch 5x12 nozzles but Im considering trying this. If anyone knows wether my tips are even good canidate for this (meaning are they extrude honed from the factory? And if they are then the hole radius' are probably already optimum and then in order to go larger the proper way i think i would have to get them edm'd larger diameter then do the diy extrude home to get a nice raduis and finish on the exit holes of the nozzle? My nozzles are in the truck so i cant inspect the nozzle internals easily.

At my work we use a diamond cutting fluid to lap parts to a super-finish.

I also have access to borescopes to inspect inside the nozzles and other various nozzle reman equipment except extrude hone. - needle grinders and such. Can also re pop them myself after re assembly.

I thought if i could pump this fluid through my nozzles and do them all for the same amount of time with the same pressure fluid

I would protect the needle bearing surface and contain the pressure in the very tip of the nozzle from the inside and spray out.

Maybe just 30 seconds each or so at 25 psi and check them and then keep going until i think they look a little better and be happy with that?

Last edited:
if your going to do a performance nozzle and spend that much time on them to make a good set you might as well start with one of the best tips out there for a performance injector...i like to use the bosch dsla 155p278. they are a 155 deg pattern and have a big surface area on the tip so if you decide to go large (example: 5x20 or larger) then you dont have to worry about weakening the tip....just my $.02. you can get brand new nozzles for about $40-$45 per tip and they will fit ur 12v injector bodies. hope this helps.