DIY port & polish

Not sure if you have a facebook but there's pics of mine and the flow sheet to go with it. This is with out shaving intake. Just don't have time to make an intake this year.

Not sure if you have a facebook but there's pics of mine and the flow sheet to go with it. This is with out shaving intake. Just don't have time to make an intake this year.

Thanks, I'll take a look. Didn't see the flow sheet, just one picture of the exhaust side and one picture showing the bowls.

Last edited:
Well if you don't have fb the intake was between 235-240 and exhaust was 240-250. Intake would be higher if intake was shaved and ported and polished obviously. From what I understand though to really see results intake wise you have to shave intake and put an individual runner manifold on welding the stock or a mockup of a stock will get you no where. This is in a full performance build app I might add.

Looks good are you planning on o-rings or fire rings when you're done or just porting & polishing it out. How long did those two runners take

Last edited:
I used a air powered for grinder, a ball end 1/4" shank cutter for most of it. I just ordered a bunch of sanding rolls off summit racing. It probably took about 30 minutes. I was taking my time though.

I did a "cleanup" porting on my head....never again!! Its worth the money to pay someone to do it for how long you will have in the head once you are done.

This is a spare head from the body I put on my truck after I flipped it. So pulling the first head won't be a problem it's just the re-install after its done that will be a pain.

Yeah, I'm taking it up to Manning Motorsports once I get done with it. Valve job, check the guides, peen in seats, top hat seals, cut for o-rings. Decked if needed, but I think it's flat. But if they have to recess the valves much then I might have them deck it to bring them back out some.

Back