Dj's New Intercooler?

Not you too Mike ?
I thought only Brian and Dave had these pissing matches?????

MOMBENZ said:
Have you ever seen Hellmann's intercooler? DJ was very impressed with the workmanship. I'm don't know much about welding but he liked it so much he called me over to show me how well it was made.

I'm sure Spearco makes a great intercooler. Did you get a free one? LOL j/k

Thanks,
Vivian

free one? no. but i got a deal. and ive seen them side by side and there is a big difference in workmanship. at least from the one i saw. but i believe the hellman is just a 7.3 intercooler. unless they made a new one.

There are some differences in measurements Mike....Hellmann prototyped the 6.0 version on my truck.
If I remember right...the inlet and outlet are in a slightly different spot..and there might have been something with the uper mounts too...don't remember 100%.

no not me rich..just giving my lil buddy some $hit cuz i miss him and his vivacious demeanor. im sure the Hellman ic does its job compared to the stock turd. and if you like it, its prolly a good piece. wonder why joe hasnt gone with a bigger core for you guys, cuz i think it needs it. why i dont know but ford thought so.

they all look so close to the same.

here is my City Diesel IC

a69025b74829.jpg

Last edited:
BIGRPOWR said:
it would be an expensive gift if it was a spearco. dont worry vivian i will send you a gift. what is dj's choice of liquor?

but i said that based on this question:

Hey Rich,

I'm looking for a good intercooler and a sponsor for it too. My EGT's are getting out of hand.

DJ

You should have done a new post instead of changing it after several other people posted.

I paid for my intercooler. As a matter of fact, I paid a little bit more to have it set-up the way I needed it. We do not offer too many products cause we only offer what we test and prove. I am not one to offer a product, if I do not feel it is worth it.

That was a joke with Richard that I needed a sponsor for an intercooler. The main reason I pay for everything, unfortunately, is that I can say this is a piece of sh#t or it really works. I'm not bound by somebody giving me something. This intercooler is really good. I really like it. Why is that a problem?

DJ:evil

Blk350on20s said:
Hey DJ or unbroken, can you throw some pics up?

We didn't take pictures and it's already in the truck. It was not our plan to sell it, just to use it, but I really like it and the price is reasonable.

DJ :evil

Same here...hard to get a pic when it's in the truck...sorry.

I might be interested in a group buy also, dpending on price that is. I'm seeing some HUGE (i mean HOT) egts!! :badidea: :frown:

--Ryan

UNBROKEN said:
Same here...hard to get a pic when it's in the truck...sorry.

Rich, The Pic I posted above is an exact duplicate of yours. If u are still running the 6.0 DIIC that we had Joe build.

I maybe up for a group buy as well, depending on the price.

djdieseltech said:
We didn't take pictures and it's already in the truck. It was not our plan to sell it, just to use it, but I really like it and the price is reasonable.

DJ :evil
DJ
Better check your radiator to IC clearance, I hear some IC's like to make holes in the radiator:badidea:

Powerstroke Racer said:
DJ
Better check your radiator to IC clearance, I hear some IC's like to make holes in the radiator:badidea:

Thought was only Spearco. lol