Do I need a full Billet trans?

a stock output is one boosted launch away from a tow back to the tranny builder, you say 5 600 now, but we all know we will want more later.

so for boosted launches you need a billet output along with everything else? and what about a valve body?

I would go with BDs Black flexpate. It is a billet flexplate but has holes cut into it for some flex. At least this is how BD explained it to me.

As far as performance trans, I would go with one of tried and true builders.

If I were you, I would call up Dave Goerend and setup a Sat., drive to St. Lucas Iowa (which is 6 hours from you) and have him build your trans the same day.

Thanks again I will call Dave. Do you realy think he can rebuild my trans in 1 day? WOW, impressive and a saturday to boot.

its all about scheduling, if he says he can do it, and you can find a day that works, he will. as for 94 12 v to respond, a boosted launch in 4x4 can and will shear things at or around 550 hp, depending on how hard you are trying to launch/ how many psi you are holding. most common to go is the stock output shaft.

Leave the intermediate stock everyone they're stronger then billet ones I just broke a billet one yesterday called dave he also says a stick shaft is stronger

Leave the intermediate stock everyone they're stronger then billet ones I just broke a billet one yesterday called dave he also says a stick shaft is stronger

Who is "everyone"? Older ones, MAYBE. Newer ones, not so much.

I ment to say Everybody who reads this should NOT spend 800+ dlls on a billet intermediate cause an oem dodge shaft is the best, truck has around 800hp and holds better then the billet one, some say the 03 & up shafts r stronger lthen the older ones but who knows!

I ment to say Everybody who reads this should NOT spend 800+ dlls on a billet intermediate cause an oem dodge shaft is the best, truck has around 800hp and holds better then the billet one, some say the 03 & up shafts r stronger lthen the older ones but who knows!

From what I understand, the NEWEST billet intermediates cost less than $800, and will out last the stock shaft.

I have a truck with little power and broke a stock intermediate. So, when I was talking to the trans builder, a billet intermediate was one of the more important topics that we discussed. Like you, I had read that the stock intermediates were holding up just as well as the billet products available. When I asked the trans builder, he told me the NEWER (not sure how far that goes back) billet intermediates aren't breaking....yet. Which was confirmed by a seperate trans builder on the opposite side of the country.

If you are already breaking stock shafts, why not atleast give the billet a shot? I could have thrown a stock shaft back in the truck and saved $600, but I decided to trust the reputable trans builder instead.

From what I understand, the NEWEST billet intermediates cost less than $800, and will out last the stock shaft.

I have a truck with little power and broke a stock intermediate. So, when I was talking to the trans builder, a billet intermediate was one of the more important topics that we discussed. Like you, I had read that the stock intermediates were holding up just as well as the billet products available. When I asked the trans builder, he told me the NEWER (not sure how far that goes back) billet intermediates aren't breaking....yet. Which was confirmed by a seperate trans builder on the opposite side of the country.

If you are already breaking stock shafts, why not atleast give the billet a shot? I could have thrown a stock shaft back in the truck and saved $600, but I decided to trust the reputable trans builder instead.

to break an intermediate all depends on launches if you say u broke one it was maybe with a hard boosted launch or? I broke my ATS billet one yesterday evening, threw a stock one back in and seems to hold now so far, billet intermediates have always been discutions bout them here, some say billet n others non billet, wat Dave goerend told me is billet ones r too hard n break easier and the stock ones don't break that easy cuz they have a little or minor flexibility!

I think it all depends on the driver :-)

to break an intermediate all depends on launches if you say u broke one it was maybe with a hard boosted launch or? I broke my ATS billet one yesterday evening, threw a stock one back in and seems to hold now so far, billet intermediates have always been discutions bout them here, some say billet n others non billet, wat Dave goerend told me is billet ones r too hard n break easier and the stock ones don't break that easy cuz they have a little or minor flexibility!

I think it all depends on the driver :-)

I understand what you are saying, and that is not new information.

Do you know where Dave gets his shafts from?

There are guys launching at 30psi and not breaking billet intermediates. 2WD or 4WD, that I cannot remember.

Back