Do I need a rebuild on these turbos?.

the turbos are s300 64-74-1.0a/r bullseye turbos used in triples. the first turbo has maybe 100km on rebuild (long story) the second has maybe 250km on it. the secondary is ok no oil in the turbine housing.
I've been having problem after problem?. lol
i just want to drive this truck and see what it can do.

Lethbridge...
Please don't tell me you were going to send them somewhere local...

I dropped off my 63/68/70 for an estimate in Calgary, and after they told me what they were going to charge me, I said to just put it all in a box, I will pick it up, thanks.

Use one of the vendors here like Tmoney (Manning Motorsports) or Drturbo, (Forced Induction)

If you even think they need to be rebuilt, get them rebuilt, it's cheap insurance compared to having one fly apart....

Last edited:
Lethbridge...
Please don't tell me you were going to send them somewhere local...

I dropped off my 63/68/70 for an estimate in Calgary, and after they told me what they were going to charge me, I said to just put it all in a box, I will pick it up, thanks.

Use one of the vendors here like Tmoney (Manning Motorsports) or Drturbo, (Forced Induction)

If you even think they need to be rebuilt, get them rebuilt, it's cheap insurance compared to having one fly apart....

No if they need to be rebuilt they will be going to the states. the first turbo was rebuilt at bullseye about three months ago?. I will never buy a turbo from bullseye again. the turbos have a little up and down movement no in and out on the shafts?. these turbos haven't seen no more then 15psi of boost?. will a turbo leak oil out if they are free wheeling?.

I can't afford to rebuild turbos every 200km?. lol

No if they need to be rebuilt they will be going to the states. the first turbo was rebuilt at bullseye about three months ago?. I will never buy a turbo from bullseye again. the turbos have a little up and down movement no in and out on the shafts?. these turbos haven't seen no more then 15psi of boost?. will a turbo leak oil out if they are free wheeling?.

I use to run bullseye chargers till I went to Forced inductions Shop and Talked 1 to 1 with Josa he had numerous Bullseye chargers that was needing rebuilt and balanced I have seen him rebuild and balance my own chagers after taking him for a ride in my truck (2003 dodge with twins ) He was quite impressed and said i bet i can get you 15+ hp by doing some maching to your top charger
Bullseye does not balance their turbo whick is why they keep failing.
Force Inductions Knows their turbos they are curentlybuilding my new twins for my ford.

If there are leaks in your system then you will get this kind of oil leaks from the turbo. There should be up and down play but no contact. In and out play should not exceed the .006 range. Check for leaks. Boost or exhaust sides.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

.006" axial play is too much.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

If there are leaks in your system then you will get this kind of oil leaks from the turbo. There should be up and down play but no contact. In and out play should not exceed the .006 range. Check for leaks. Boost or exhaust sides.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

We did have some leaks on the exhaust side, the secondary turbo was loose and pretty much all the fittings on the exhaust side have signs of leaks?. how we found the oil leaks is we were doing a boost leak test and I saw the oil baked on the bottom of the turbine housings?. So we took all three off and found some oil in the other turbo?. we had a little oil in the compressor housings too. but just a light film in side of them.