Do I need pushrods?

schaef_12

Diesel Junkie
Putting in a Helix 2 along with the new head and 60lb valve springs. Not going to run high rpms, just the 3k kit. Do I need billet pushrods?

They are a good idea, don't get me wrong. But for the rpm's your turning I wouldn't worry about it to much.

Ya if I decide i want more rpm's pushrods are something that wont be a huge pain to install later.

For $ 180 retail its cheap insurance, I have 24 valve, 12 valve, in standard, and +.100 and +.200 or any length, if you wait a week.
The following dealers usually keep several sets in stock
Dr Performance 817 341 0127
Industrial Injection Service 801 972 0476
Pure Diesel Power 715 254 1833

for 3000 rpm and under I would not bother.

and if the pushrod you do get is smaller in diameter or has a thinner wall thickness of the tube when compared to the stocker, you are actually getting a weaker pushrod....in this case, the alloy of the steel has no bearing on how the pushrod functions.

I had a motor that would free rev up to 5400 rpm on stockers...I think you'll be ok.

I twist my 12 v past 5K. I have a helix 2 and STOCK push rods. The originals from 1997 with almost 250K miles.

pushrods

is $180 to much? for the assurance that they will hold up to the task you are wanting them to do. order a set from greg they are a good strong quality part.

is $180 to much? for the assurance that they will hold up to the task you are wanting them to do. order a set from greg they are a good strong quality part.

Yes, $180 is to much, especially since the ones I already own will work. If I bend one then i will change them but i'm not going to buy something i do not need.