Do It Yourself BEDLINER KIT Al's Liner

IC-Smoke

Oh SNAP!
Hey gang just putting this out there for anyone interested...

Al's Liner::Ultimate Automotive Coatings
restyle_pic.jpg

I was recently thinking of spraying the bottom of my 06 but wanted a different option other than Line X or Rhino yet didnt want Herculiner.... I came across Al's Liner alsliner.com. Did a little research and then cornered my local napa store to see if they could carry it and or order me some. After a little work with the people at Al's I had a kit on it way.

Overall Im extremely impressed with the product! the only complaint is operator error, I was using my crappy craftsman air compressor when I sprayed the boxes and front bumper so I had to unhook the air hose a few times to let the compressor catch up.

A few FAQ off the site that I thought was interesting:

3.How does Al's Liner compare to the big name, franchise liners?
Response:
3. With a few exceptions, Al's Liner represents a new generation of polyurethane linings. Most of the big name franchise liners use very old and out of date technologies. Al's Liner is more UV stable and tougher than Rhino, Line X and blows the doors off the liners like Reflex, Armor thane, etc. Since you control the appliaction it's very probable that no one, even the pros, can match your Al's Liner application.

8. How durable is Al's Liner?
Response:
8. There is no coating that is more durable. There never has been and probably never will be. Al's Liner is the top of the food chain when it comes to spray-on polyurethane linings.

Photos

Photos:
alsliner.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

finished product:
IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

**The material looks THICK in the photos... that is because it is! I didnt turn the gun down when spraying the boxes since they would see a bit of abuse! The bumper I played with the gun knob a little and it turned out how I want it to be on the side of the 06**
Ill post photos of my 83 chevy dump bumper tomorrow:rockwoot:

Just another option for you to think about!

Less than $250, you wont have to buy the gun again obviously so its pretty inexpensive and done the way you want:rockwoot:

No sh!t? Thats dirt cheap. Line-x wanted 400 just to spray around the bottom of my truck. How much material comes with it? Or how much is it suposed to cover? Have the contact info on where you got it? Post some pics when you spray the bottom of your truck. Interested to see how it turns out. How is the rest holding up so far?

Thats what I thought! I wanted to do the rocker on my 90 and 06 as well as the bed on both the 01 and 90. But I didnt want to drop $2000 from Rhino or LineX, So far Im impressed!

Al's Liner::Ultimate Automotive Coatings then go to the contact page and you can find a local dealer. If you cant find someone local as in my case, I am good friends with the manager at the local Napa and sweet talked him into ordering the stuff and he did with no problem.

That price is what you see in the first pic. The gun and two gallon kits, the two gallons is supposed to do a 8' bed with some leftover. I think a gallon will do the rocker and rear bumper on a truck is what Im guessing. It is supposed to rain this weekend so I wont be able to do the truck. I should have time labor day weekend :rockwoot:

I hauled two tractors over the weekend and drug the chains on the box lids and edges, no scrapes or gouges yet. The stuff is pretty dang hard! I cant chip it or scratch it with a fingernail.

So where do we get this stuff from? i would realy like some to do my lower 1/4 of the truck all the way around.

So where do we get this stuff from? i would realy like some to do my lower 1/4 of the truck all the way around.

Al's Liner::Where to Purchase Al's Liner

click on your state to find a local dealer

That stuff looks sloppy! Not as bad as some. Line-x Blows it out of the water for looks.
Truck Tool Boxes, Truck Tool Box, Pickup Truck Tool Boxes

reason being I sprayed it heavy and didnt dial the gun in, the side of the trucks will be a smaller uniform texture.

Line X is nice but I dont grow money trees so for the price of AL's Ill stick with it

i would like to get the kit with the spray gun and all and enough to do the rocker panels on my dodge 2500 clubcab longbed. i need a price. thank you

Here is my project with the Al's product.

Here are some pictures of the up close of the rockers, and the whole thing.

101_1062.jpg

101_1063.jpg

101_1064.jpg

now that's what im talkin about. send me a price for the startup kit and material

The standard start up kit includes the spray gun $55.00, 1 gal of material $95.00, $95.00 for any additional 1 gal of material. It took me about 1 1/2 gal worth of material to do both sides of the truck, and the insides of the doors. Here are some more pics of the progress.

101_1059.jpg

101_1058.jpg

101_1050-1.jpg

101_1046.jpg

101_1047.jpg

101_1053.jpg

I think if you wanted a good thick coating on a long or short bed, you would more than likely use around 3 gal worth of material. They are haveing a group buy on another forum that I'm on and trying to get a discounted rate. PM me if you want more details. Or you could go to the Al's liner and find a dealer near you and purchase there.

Al's Liner

Hey, you guys are pretty busy! I just found out about this site last night from a customer who had just ordered three kits and a gun. He even suggested I do a group order on this site. But I'm not going to step on any toes and I'm still trying to get a group order together for Canada and am still wrapping up the group order on Cummins Forum. Josterbauer, you should be a professional Al's Liner installer for your area! You too ICSmoke! Thanks to both of you for all your assistance on the CF thread. Cheers to you both! :bow: Arnie

So how thick can you go? How tough is this stuff? Beat it with a hammer and it's fine? Rhino was suppose to be tough but I had a line-x deal show me how their product could be used to sand down Rhino. If I am going to spend my on my truck I want it to be worth it. Not knocking it, because this would be great. Just making sure my money is spent wisely.
Thanks
Brian

Hey, you guys are pretty busy! I just found out about this site last night from a customer who had just ordered three kits and a gun. He even suggested I do a group order on this site. But I'm not going to step on any toes and I'm still trying to get a group order together for Canada and am still wrapping up the group order on Cummins Forum. Josterbauer, you should be a professional Al's Liner installer for your area! You too ICSmoke! Thanks to both of you for all your assistance on the CF thread. Cheers to you both! :bow: Arnie

Hey Arnie, glad to see you made it to CompD. This is the best diesel site you will come across. Can't wait to try my Al's Liner. I will do a thread start to finish from sanding to finished product.

So how thick can you go? How tough is this stuff? Beat it with a hammer and it's fine? Rhino was suppose to be tough but I had a line-x deal show me how their product could be used to sand down Rhino. If I am going to spend my on my truck I want it to be worth it. Not knocking it, because this would be great. Just making sure my money is spent wisely.
Thanks
Brian

Hey, Brian. I know that you can go at least a full 1/8" and may be able to go to 3/16". It is pretty durable from my experience. You can add black beauty (coal slag, available at a sand blasting supply shop) to it or rubber crumbs to give it either a hard gritty surface or a softer surface. I think that because of the ability to coat your project with however thick an application you want it makes it a great DIY product. I understand wanting to get the best bang for your buck! Cheers, Arnie

Hey Arnie, glad to see you made it to CompD. This is the best diesel site you will come across. Can't wait to try my Al's Liner. I will do a thread start to finish from sanding to finished product.

Thanks and that would be great! AP