Votes: 32 34.8%
  • Yes I do, but not the diesel

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters
I suspect I would really enjoy it.
However I dont do it.
Building a business is time consuming in the begining.

i'll get there.

dan

Been racing since I could drive (I totaled my first car a 1969 Pontiac LeMans) before I even had a drivers licence. I have been racing the Red Rocket for a few years now and loving every minute of it :ylsuper:

Street Racing but going to try to get on the track at a couple events next year.:rockwoot:

I started drag racing diesel pickups back in 1991.... '90 F-350 4x4 with 7.3 and Hypermax stuff. Sure made alot of people look back then. Everyone thought I was nutz..... guess not.LOL

Sold it in '93 and put my attention to building a business.:blahblah1: :blahblah1:

Now I'm back.:evil

:ylsuper:

Every chance we get!!! Had to miss a few this season with the truck down but she will be back together in about a week!!:woohoo:

Since the AMS started the friday nite drags, I can't stop. Don't have the money for the travel bugets, but around home, I'm in.

Like David said, I never said I'm any good, it's just a blast. Even for ole farts.

..Preston..

My first pass ever down the strip was in the Red Rocket on an 11.3 pass :rockwoot: :thankyou2:
That was about this time last year. Raced a couple times since. One t-n-t nite, NHRDA opener. First NHRDA race at Portland this season I actually won 1st place with my 6spd. Just this last weekend I took 2nd at Portland - NHRDA race 13.

I absolutely love to race and everything I own has been down the track at some point but here's my latest project!

Attachments

• huntburnout (Small).jpg
    huntburnout (Small).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 6
  • huntsville (Small).jpg
    huntsville (Small).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 6
Either the car or the truck :woohoo: What ever one I have at the track :ylsuper: I have been racing since 2000 when I told McRat I would one pass in the Camaro just to shut him up :evil Hmm I wonder if he would have :blahblah1: me so much if he knew what a monster he was going to create LOL

Well, I met Eric McBride in April 2000, By May, the truck was smokin and we were pickin on ricers at Muncie dragstrip.

Tried it last year for the first time (legally) and had a blast :ylsuper: Hard to get to the track with my line of work keepin me away for months at a time but if the tracks open when i get home......IM THERE :evil

Ran 9.2 on the 1/8 at Scheid's in '03, added power and ran 13.4 on the 1/4 at BG and 13.3 at ORP this year. I'm going to find some more air, and plan my schedule better for '07.

This is my fourth year. It's been way too little this season, but I usually run 3-4 days/week when possible. Truck's faster than ever now, I just need to get in front of the lights...

I've raced for 22-23 years. I gave up the car a couple of years ago because of having fun with the truck. I've done the bracket race thing in Super Pro and No-E as well as some of the 10.5 heads-up nitrous classes and some Junior stock big block stuff back when the NMCA was formed. Did some Buick Versus Ford stuff with the T-Type also. But none of it was as fun as the look on someones face when they are beaten by a 7000 Pound 4X4 diesel.:woohoo:

I live an hour from Red River Raceway.....NHRA world record MPH track for top fuel I think or maybe funny car.....anyways never ran my truck there only the 05 Stang.... 13.7 at 101

Last edited:
I've got a few time slips in my posession.:D Started racing the truck on April 2, 2005. I wouldn't even want to guess at how many passes I've made since then, but I've got two stacks compressed with clips that are about an inch thick each.

I think I saw you make 10-15 passes in Bowling green this year alone

I've been racing (legally) since I could drive (legally), so I'm going on 11 years now! My first car was a '67 Ford Fairlane that ran a blistering 17.0 @ 79. My fastest vehicle is "under the knife" currently, it's been a best of 10.6 @ 125. So for now I play with the truck, and try to not spend all my money on it, but it's SO much fun to go fast in a big heavy diesel! I've made about 50 passes in the truck since February, but literally thousands so far in my few years of racing. Everyone needs to at least give it a try, it's addicting!

Back