dodge 271 input in ford 273?

dustinjean

im getting ready to start on my fummins conversion but im wanting to run my ford 273 case behind my nv4500, so will the dodge 271 shaft work or do i need to find a dodge 273 shaft because i already have a dodge 271 shaft is why im asking.

Thanks,
Dustin

271 manual shift, 273 shift on the fly..other than that they are the same.

I bought a 271 from Transfer Case Express. I believe they installed a Ford output shaft in the Dodge 271, so I could have a fixed flange. There have been some conversation on previous post about changing the location of the pilot bearing at the front of the output shaft. Hopefully, someone will respond.

ok thanks mo smoke i wasnt sure if the manual vs sof would make the inputs be different in any way or not

ok ive started my conversion but i can not find the correct input shaft bearing to fit the dodge id and the ford od so do i have to make a bushing and run the dodge bearing or does anybody know the part # to a bearing that works?

Call midwest transmission and talk to Dan. He hooked me up with everything I needed. 1-888-824-2012. You can look in the diesel conversions to. HRDRKN has a good write up on how he did the input swap.

Back