Dodge 9.25 E locker

LAmiller

THE KT-BOUNDARY
I am currently running a TruTrac limited slip in the front of my truck and am wanting to go to an E locker as the limited slip makes the truck torque steer like crazy on the drag strip. I'm not finding any E-lockers that I can get here in time before leaving for DPC May 1st. New or Used, if you have a good working unit, i'm interested.

PM me or email lavon@firepunk.com

Lavon

If you can't find one Lavon.... You can always steal the one out of my powerwagon. It could be your last resort...... :-/

Put an ARB in it! I really like mine!!!

I'm sure they have them in stock and ready to ship!

What all is involved with an ARB install, I just don't want to add a compressor if at all possible, I have so much going on already, but if I need it, I need it. Really the Sled pull is the only time I'll use it at DPC

I've been using a powerwagon front locker in my puller for years with no problem. I hear with the E locker you have to grind the housing to get it to fit.

Seems the powerwagon locker is better than the Elocker , I put a used PW front axle in mine and it works perfectly, several other trucks I deal with the Elocker is flaky and doesnt always work unless the fluid is changed regularly. The ARB lockers are better but a PITA because of the compressor.A detroit locker would drive better than a limited slip.
I would say as little as you would use the elock that it would be fine for you and really the only choice for your build

What's involved with the power wagon locker, I'm sure I can did for information too but if there's a quick answer here, it's less wasted time for me, trying to get coolant in the truck tonight and assembling front end.

What's involved with the power wagon locker, I'm sure I can did for information too but if there's a quick answer here, it's less wasted time for me, trying to get coolant in the truck tonight and assembling front end.

Really simple. Install carrier as normally. I drilled a hole in cover to poke the wires through. Then wire up a switch. 12v supply activates the magnet and locks the axles together.

Power wagon locker is very simple. 4 wires. Pos and ground to locker and a pos and ground for the sensor (which you don't need)

I have mine wired off the battery and a 10 amp fuse.

If you want to do an air locker, why not use a tank of compressed air? I'm sure you guys got a tank off a paint ball gun. Use a fire extinguisher mount to hold it place. That'll be enough air to activate it.....

Chris Hitchcock did that on his pulling truck without issues.

Last edited:
An air compressor is fairly light weight. You could even use boost to lock the ARB. :)

What all is involved with an ARB install, I just don't want to add a compressor if at all possible, I have so much going on already, but if I need it, I need it. Really the Sled pull is the only time I'll use it at DPC

You can use a compressed gas cylinder or a small compressor to trigger the ARB and you also need a switch a little wiring and a solenoid. It can be a very simple system.

In my truck we went with the big compressor and a 1-gallon air tank so that we can run air tools and air up the big 37-inch tires without waiting forever... At Bean's dirt drags it took me just over 2-minutes to go from 10-psi back to 47-psi in my 37X12.50R17 Goodyear's! But I wasn't as concerned with weight and complexity as you and want options available to me if we have to make a repair in the desert...

For yours you could use a very small compressed air tank that would be good for several locking actuation's. Heck you could probably even do it with a ball valve mechanical setup and avoid wiring if you wanted... Or use the valve on the tank connected directly to the ARB through a regulator and whenever you turn on the bottle the ARB would be locked.

If I remember correctly they like to see more than 90-psi to lock and the seals are good for more than 150-psi. But since a compressed air cylinder can be much higher pressure be sure to regulate it down to 125-psi or so...