Dodge Danas in 99 F-250

cumminstroked

I came across a Dana 80 and 60 from a dodge at a decent price. My 99 has the 50 front and the sterling 10.5 rear. I'm wondering how hard it would be to swap to the Dodge Danas. The rear axle wouldn't be too complicated other than drive shaft modifications I would think. The front 60 seems a little more complicated. How hard would it be to convert from ford axles to dodge axles? I did a search and can't seem to come up with much. Thanks

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I personally would take the weaknesses of a Dana 50 over the stupid unit bearings and axle disconnect stuff on a Dodge Dana 60. But since that wasn't the question, it would be pretty straightforward if staying with leaves. Cut the coil buckets and control arm mounts off the Dodge axle, weld on perches at the correct caster angle, bolt it up and build steering out of DOM and thread it. I personally would not run a pan hard and see how it does without. If I were going to go thru the effort though personally I'd do a Ford Dana 60 but again that wasn't the question so.

Last edited:
my 99 has a dana 80 in it it was a simple swapmove the perches and shocks
the front i would not do it
way to much work also keep in mind the lug pattern is different
As for the front I called spin-tec about ordering their kit with 8x6.5 lug pattern they said no problem
the steering setup is differnt on ford late model and dodges
fords sit on top of the knucke and dodge bolts from the bottom

I appreciate all the input guys. I might just keep looking for a ford setup. They are a lot harder to find than a set of dodge axles. Does anybody know of something that can be done to the 50 to make it hold up for competition use? Trusses or stiffen axle tubes somehow and then upgrade axles and ring and pinion? Or is it even worth messing with?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I would wait until I found a 60. Think of the 50 as a 44 R&P with 60 hubs. I wouldn't build a 44 for competition use

Back