dodge gas auto tranny/same as 12v?

TRUBBS

Can You Keep Up?
is the tranny out of a 95 dodge 2500 gasser the same as one for the 12v cummins? or atleast will the bell housin bolt to a cummins? im trying to track down a core 47rh tranny to build up for my 12v/fummins/auto swap and can get my hands on a gasser tranny for next to nothing. thanks!

thanks for the info. do you know what year in the cummins had the 47rh and when they swapped to the RE?

I believe there are some subtle differences between the gasser rh and the diesel rh though.

Governor weights are different, clutch count is different I believe (not certain), planetaries are all aluminum in the v-10 trannies vs combination of steel and aluminum in the diesel 47rh. New steel planetaries are about $100 each so not a deal breaker but something to consider.

If you dont know already the gas torque coverters have a much higher stall use your diesel converter. As said before the planets are different gassers have 4 pin alum instead of 5 pin steel in the 47's. Have fun on your build.

Does anyone know, do they use the same bellhousing?

Thanks,
Rick

I think the 47rh diesel version just had the aluminum first gear planetary. I wanna say the only clutch difference was an extra few or two in the OD. i really dont remember though....never messed with a gasser 47series

The bell housing is the same for the V-10's and Diesels. The 318 and 360 ones will not work. If you find a V-10 core, I have a diesel TC and could swap you TC cores if you want.

Back