Dodge intake manifolds which one to use?

Banks unit is better flowing, and cheaper, but limited to a single injection pump unless you can fab up extra pieces to make duals work, which is only a few hours of work...

Im guessing you guys have flow benched the banks unit against the Hellmann, B&B Tooling, & ZZfab side draft intakes?

Im guessing you guys have flow benched the banks unit against the Hellmann, B&B Tooling, & ZZfab side draft intakes?

The zz manifold, banks and the hellman were tested on heads we ported, have not tried the B&B, but im sure the outcome would be similar, the difference was only 5-8 CFM between them all.

But for the price difference and the CFM difference the banks is the best for the dollar. But like i stated it is a pain if you have dual pumps you want to use. it will need custom brakets and misc items to make it work like the others will.

Just to let you guys know. I now make a CR manifold with a 3.5" inlet for increased air flow. And the dual pump kits will work on both the 3" and 3.5" manifolds . The wall thickness on my manifolds range from 5/8 to 3/4 thick so you wont need to worry about them blowing out or cracking.

post up the flow sheet, Wade

Would love to, but the flow sheets went with the customers, im just going off of memory at this point.

Before you ask, im not going to exspose my customers, most are on here they'll post if they feel they need to.

Trust me, im not advocate of banks engineering, but i will give credit when it is due.

Last edited:
Must be a pretty substantial price difference to justify 5-8cfm more flow and still have to spend a few hours fabricating brackets and what not to make it work.

Must be a pretty substantial price difference to justify 5-8cfm more flow and still have to spend a few hours fabricating brackets and what not to make it work.

I think it's close to $150 or so difference. 5-8 CFM dont sound like alot, but it is when some races are won by inches. But when HP counts price is of little importance.

Last edited:
yep, and flow sheets get lost, or my dog ate it, or I forgot

Just wondering William, Since you have all knowing knowledge and ability's; Have you ever got out of the 15's??

Is it just me or have you (N)EVER done a thing to help promote, race, or futher grow our sport?

Really??? Following me around only gives you room for a coat tail ride...

Try doing something positive for yourself

if that wasnt a greg h reply, i dont know what is?

some one ask for proof about your claims and you get defensive and make personal attacks?

oh you classy huh?

Just wondering William, Since you have all knowing knowledge and ability's; Have you ever got out of the 15's??

Is it just me or have you (N)EVER done a thing to help promote, race, or futher grow our sport?

Really??? Following me around only gives you room for a coat tail ride...

Try doing something positive for yourself

Wade... Just a bit of advice... Take the cocky ass attitude elsewhere... especially when dealing with a mod if you wanna hang around. I stuck my damn neck out letting you back on... don't make me regret my decision. If you dont like the way a thread is going, just drop it. Don't kick your own ass out the door.

I did a banks manifold. I will be grinding the logos off to make myself feel better. its a significant difference in price. I'm still not sure why someone else doesnt cast an intake manifold besides banks. I would think it would be much cheaper to cast that piece than to CNC it out of a chunk of aluminum.

I did a banks manifold. I will be grinding the logos off to make myself feel better. its a significant difference in price. I'm still not sure why someone else doesnt cast an intake manifold besides banks. I would think it would be much cheaper to cast that piece than to CNC it out of a chunk of aluminum.

Some of the early cast ones were cracking and blowing apart with some of the guys running high boost. That is why I decided to cut my from billet and make the walls thick. The other thing is it cost allot to build a mold for these things, it would take a long time to recover the cost of the mold. And when you have several guys making them that spreads the market kind of thin. And pretty much only the serious racers or pullers are buying them so it is a small market to start with.

Last edited:
You can Sand cast them wich I am sure banks does but to get a decent price they will want you to make a big run of them wich also costs alot and you will wind up with alot sitting around collecting dust on an item like that.

I went with a steel one, just because i prefer it over aluminum.

The ZZ Stainless manifolds have failed more than the old banks units...Banks has addressed there issu'e last year or two ago. not sure about ZZ's?

The billet aluminum that hellman and bruce make are top notch and pretty much bullet proof to start with.