Dodge Ram Smokes viper

I smoked a local Smartazz running a Subaru turbo car [whatever they are called.] Next day I heard rumors floating around that I only beat him because I have Nos/propane shots. Which I don't & never had. I'm sure there are rumors floating around about that win also.

hahah that second video is jrussel in his twin turboed 06 mega cab!! the first one is a classic!!!:clap:

When you actually take a 8000# truck & beat a Viper or even run with them, you have accomplished something. Gotta make you feel good!! Diesels have alot of respect out here, It is fun picking on the ricers who hang out in big groups around town. I drive past the local Sheetz at night & blow a little puff at them, but nobody will come play anymore. I guess word spreads like fly **** when you already ran half of them.

I smoked a local Smartazz running a Subaru turbo car [whatever they are called.] Next day I heard rumors floating around that I only beat him because I have Nos/propane shots. Which I don't & never had. I'm sure there are rumors floating around about that win also.

No one wants to play ricer wise around here anymore. Kinda stuck to the V8 guys.

That Viper looked like it caught up on the big end, am I right? Seems like a poor launching car from some of the vids I've seen of them.

What other pony cars have you guys run against and beat up on? Vids? Thanks.

Yeah, the Vipers that I've seen at the local tracks usually burn the tires for the first 50-100ft before they hook. They weren't stock Vipers either, most of them had dents, cracked windows etc. The drivers were complaining how either their ex or someone would beat the cars up.:doh: Those cars will move once they hook though & you better get a jump on them. I always say, who cares what they can do in a cross country race...1/4 mile is the only thing that matters.

I actually have one of both... a 05 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 and a 93 Supercharged Dodge Viper... and my husband races Pro Street class... so I understand the kind of horsepower/torque both vehicles make.

I have horrible traction issues at the track... and most stock Vipers do as well...

There is no doubt that diesels can be made super fast, but it is a 40 mph start on the street where you will see the biggest difference in a 450 horsepower 3,500 lb car and a 750 or better horsepower 6,500 lb truck.

compare apples-apples...

stock viper vs. stock diesel = :badidea:

I actually have one of both... a 05 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 and a 93 Supercharged Dodge Viper... and my husband races Pro Street class... so I understand the kind of horsepower/torque both vehicles make.

I have horrible traction issues at the track... and most stock Vipers do as well...

There is no doubt that diesels can be made super fast, but it is a 40 mph start on the street where you will see the biggest difference in a 450 horsepower 3,500 lb car and a 750 or better horsepower 6,500 lb truck.

but unless you have some serious

humm unfinished thought?? :poke:

The Black Mamba would beat me every time at the track.... there is no way I could ever turn 1.50 60' times...

but a 40 mph launch is a little different...

compare apples-apples...

stock viper vs. stock diesel = :badidea:

Yall's Viper is killer. I think I drooled on it some in Commerce last year. Sorry about that LOL

Yall's Viper is killer. I think I drooled on it some in Commerce last year. Sorry about that LOL

So that's what's wrong with it? :doh:

For the past 8 months Micky has been telling me the radiator had a leak :evil

Yeah, most of the late model 1st gen vipers and the 2nd gens trap between 116 and 123 or so stock so if you don't beat them on the line good luck. If you happen to see a black viper round Delaware Maryland are though with a cage I'd stay away, you might loose to the tune of 7.74 at 180+ lol. 575" solid roller twin t88 v10 just isn't fare:p

Yeah, most of the late model 1st gen vipers and the 2nd gens trap between 116 and 123 or so stock so if you don't beat them on the line good luck. If you happen to see a black viper round Delaware Maryland are though with a cage I'd stay away, you might loose to the tune of 7.74 at 180+ lol. 575" solid roller twin t88 v10 just isn't fare:p

If you lock on to one out on the freeway, you better have a truck that'll run 120+ trap speeds or you'll get to know what it's tail lights look like. They don't ET well, but they run hard up top.

That Viper looked like it caught up on the big end, am I right?
What other pony cars have you guys run against and beat up on? Vids? Thanks.

The Viper was catching up that's for sure, but have a look at the light at the end.

MDavis....you really can't compare an $80K supercar to a 7K lb work truck. Apples to apples does not apply to us, I have less than 1/2 the $$ invested, can drive it in the snow, and can tow 15K lbs. Fact is, my truck beat him that day.

Now if he HAD hooekd, he would have gone around me for sure, no denying that. :Cheer:

Kas...here's a couple more.

WRX STi, watch the light

GT500 Mustang with no traction

Camaro

The Vipers have some pretty fricking tall gears. 1st is probably good for 50MPH

The motors really aren't impressive. Drive a SRT-10 truck some time. You'll be running back to your Cummins.

First will actually hold 55 mph in a stock GEN I

$80K is a little much for a GEN I.... my supercharged Viper was cheaper than my stock Diesel...