Dodgezilla with a 18.5

Dual EE

I have been running a dodgezilla w/a 12 for about 2 years. I decided to try a 18.5 non-wastegated housing. I neglected to try it for some time because I was worried about turbo lag since I have an auto with 3.54.

Today was the first chance I had to really drive it due to the weather. I was pretty surprised to find that there was very little difference between the the 12 and the 18.5. I was able to peg my 35# boost guage almost as fast as with the 12. There is diffently more heat. The pyro gets into the red much faster then w/the 12. There is more smoke under 1900 rpms, but clears up nicely afterwards. So passing someone at 55 mph
(1650 rpms) could be messy for those following me. Normal driving around town and on the freeway empty there was no driving or performance changes that I noted so far.

The top end performance above 2k is great compared to the 12. The time spent in this area was very limited due to the local law enforcement concerns. I will know more when the local drag strip opens in April.

I do have towing concerns because of the extra heat. Most roads in my area are 2 lane mountian roads with 6% grades. My normal driving rpm range is usually around 1700-1900 rpms, so this maybe a bit too smokey for me. I am not sure when I will be towing next, but will comment more on that later.

The change out was fairly easy. The only problem I had was I could not get my exhaust pipe to bolt up to exhaust housing. I ended up cutting the exhaust pipe and using a piece of flexable tubing to extend it a bit. So wastegated housing must be a bit wider than non-wastegated.

Thanks Ponci for your help today.