Does Suncoast paint their converters?

IIRC Jeff Garmon had a converter painted blue when i went by his shop about 4 months ago, but i might be mistaken. He was boxing this converter and a tranny up getting ready to ship it.

It is a darker blue metallic, much different than the baby blue ford color so many use because that color covers so well.

I don't know about the blue converter, but you should be able to tell if it's upgraded just by driving it and how it locks up, at least I can in my truck compared to when it was stock.

I don't know about the blue converter, but you should be able to tell if it's upgraded just by driving it and how it locks up, at least I can in my truck compared to when it was stock.

I wish I could right now, but the motor's gonna have to come out. Pulled the head tonight to reveal the carnage. #5 and 6 pistons are very very toasty. Hoping the block cleans up Ok.

pull the plug out of the trans adapter plate on the passenger side and take a look.. they gave you good pictures of what i was talking about with the machined covers compared to the stock welded parts.

M buddy bought an '05 at an auction and it has a light blue converter in it also. I'm pretty sure his is a factory re-man.