Does this look right???

irontx25

Got around to pulling the heads off my old motor the other day. First thing i noticed was the valve bridges. I dont remember them looking like this.
irontx25

irontx25

irontx25

What do yall think. Its like that on almost every one of them.The bottom end in my old motor ground its self to a nice fine powder,so I had metal in the oil all over them. Just trying to figure out why, when ,and where

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are fine.

I bought all brand new bridges when I did my engine, and they looked just like that, right out of the bag.

It's just a casting flaw.

Glad to hear it from someone else. Thanks fellas. Just never noticed it when I had them out. Wasnt till I BBQed the motor that I got all paranoid about everything thats come off of it

Way to pay attention guys. I don't think most people would even notice that.

But as Extended Power mentioned, it is a casting flaw.

All 6-weaker valve bridges look like that...if you don't like it buy a 6-inarow. LOL

I'm not even a powerstroke guy and know the answer!! :blahblah1:

All 6-weaker valve bridges look like that...if you don't like it buy a 6-inarow. LOL

I'm not even a powerstroke guy and know the answer!! :blahblah1:

Well, not everyone is as SMRT as you...that's why they ask questions....go play in your own sandbox.$.02

i got a ? we have a 6.0 @ work and no matter what in the mornings it doesnt rev... w/ the pedal matted it take atleast a min to rev, but after it sits and idles its fine...it has had some noticable power lose latley

you need to check the ficm mpower. it should have at least 47.5volts at all times. the only way i know of checking it is with a laptop.