Doin my homework.. Any Help?

ALB6L

Hey all,

Im just doing my homework for now.. Like i said befor what im looking for is to be in the mid 500 to low 600 hp range.. I was looking at 190 injectors but ran across a set of 205's i was told the 205 with a good turbo and tune pump ect should hold around 600 hp.. But will i still be able to tow with them, and if so will i have an EGT problem? I don't tow more then 10k with the truck..:poke:

Last edited:
550-600 on fuel with a single turbo... You won't be towing much if anything. JMO.

Ok well thank you for the Opinion.. If you have any other advise Im all ears (well im all eyes) to any sugestions, i here about these 600-1000 hp dodges and D-Max's towin everyday i figured i could get my 6.0 to tow with 600hp..

You can with Twins... but not on a single These things are pigs when trying to throw down that power with out some extra help in the air department.

600 and towing, give us about 6 months, then we will know if you can or not. But with what is available today, 600 and towing is extremely hard unless you have compounds or are not planning on towing a lot of weight.

I agree with the rest of them....I'll add not many 6.0l live well in that HP range....or any range for that matter. Sorry for being a downer, to many years as a Ford Diesel Tech. Seen to many 6.0L baby rattles.

There is a difference between having a truck that CAN lay down 600-1000hp and towing with the truck vs. actually towing with ALL 600hp... rest assured if you tow alot of weight using all that power you will be breaking other things.

Okay that is my mistake... Im not planning to tow or run around town everyday pushin 600 hp, I was trying to get 600 out of the truck to lay it down on the dyno or the track. With a right tune i could bring the truck down enough to tow safly right? But what i am asking is will 205 injectors be ok to tow with?

I laid down 668 with a single charger and spray and towed all the time. And that was with my 6l. I never dynod it with the 225 and vgtss on fuel only but it was low to mid 500s Im sure

If you did tow I wouldn't tow anything really heavy. With 225's I had enough fuel to make 300rwhp on NOS with a stock turbo. So that gives you an idea how much you can look for with another power adder like NOS. Of course if your going with a bigger single turbo your going to get less out of your NOS but with the extra air you should be able to tow a little heavier because your EGT's will be lower. Something like a modified VGT Turbo would be pretty good if you don't beat on it all the time.

If you did tow I wouldn't tow anything really heavy. With 225's I had enough fuel to make 300rwhp on NOS with a stock turbo. So that gives you an idea how much you can look for with another power adder like NOS. Of course if your going with a bigger single turbo your going to get less out of your NOS but with the extra air you should be able to tow a little heavier because your EGT's will be lower. Something like a modified VGT Turbo would be pretty good if you don't beat on it all the time.

you lost me? you dyno'd 300 horsepower with 225's and spray? That is awfuly low.

So that means 444hp before the NOS, and we're getting 420ish hp out of stock setups with just a tune? Seems like your figures might be off some.

Your not going to get any more power out of larger injectors with a stock turbo. You have to have air to mix with all that extra fuel. Thus NOS or different turbo to make the air. Put your truck on your race tune all that black some ain't worth poo. Put in bigger injectors only change is going to be more black smoke not HP. So 444 is not really bad for a stock turbo.

Your not going to get any more power out of larger injectors with a stock turbo. You have to have air to mix with all that extra fuel. Thus NOS or different turbo to make the air. Put your truck on your race tune all that black some ain't worth poo. Put in bigger injectors only change is going to be more black smoke not HP. So 444 is not really bad for a stock turbo.

Oh and EGT's through the roof.

Back