Doin my homework.. Any Help?

The combination I ran last summer, was around 640hp at the flywheel, 585 at the rear wheels using the calculators...
That was with Ryan Casserly 225cc injectors, and a 66mm Turbonetics... The problem was that when the turbo was spec'd for me, I told the vendor that I was never going to tow with it.....which, by the time I had the engine built, changed, so then the turbo was faced to pull a 10k holiday trailer. (Something it was NEVER supposed to do)
On the street, the combination was nice, when the turbo lit, hold on, cuz to was strong. It put my truck through the 1/4 mile in 12.9 seconds @ 103.5 mph. (And that was with the smallest exhaust housing I had.)

The combination I ran last summer, was around 640hp at the flywheel, 585 at the rear wheels using the calculators...
That was with Ryan Casserly 225cc injectors, and a 66mm Turbonetics... The problem was that when the turbo was spec'd for me, I told the vendor that I was never going to tow with it.....which, by the time I had the engine built, changed, so then the turbo was faced to pull a 10k holiday trailer. (Something it was NEVER supposed to do)
On the street, the combination was nice, when the turbo lit, hold on, cuz to was strong. It put my truck through the 1/4 mile in 12.9 seconds @ 103.5 mph. (And that was with the smallest exhaust housing I had.)

So how did it do when you hooked up your 10k Trailer onto it?? so you still have that same setup on it? :poke:

Your not going to get any more power out of larger injectors with a stock turbo. You have to have air to mix with all that extra fuel. Thus NOS or different turbo to make the air. Put your truck on your race tune all that black some ain't worth poo. Put in bigger injectors only change is going to be more black smoke not HP. So 444 is not really bad for a stock turbo.

All of this makes sense. I was missing the point of the original post.

So how did it do when you hooked up your 10k Trailer onto it?? so you still have that same setup on it? :poke:

Not worth a poo....but without the trailer...on the street, it was like driving on ice, only it was way warmer....:hehe:

Not worth a poo....but without the trailer...on the street, it was like driving on ice, only it was way warmer....:hehe:

So 190s, 205s or 225s if you did it all over again? I keep arguing with myself over what to run. I'm hoping to go with compounds so it seems like I could run 225s.

I also hope the compounds provide enough air to keep RPMs low enough so I don't break the tires loose every time the turbo lights up. I don't want to drive on ice when it's 70 outside.

I'd like to get Ryan's contact info, if someone doesn't mind PMing me.

Last edited:

Did you detune the truck or are you still runnin it with the 225 and 66mm? I understand the black smoke is all for show, and in some cases they throw a ton out till the turbo spools my dads 5.9 fills the intersection untill his turbo kicks..

So 190s, 205s or 225s if you did it all over again? I keep arguing with myself over what to run. I'm hoping to go with compounds so it seems like I could run 225s.

I also hope the compounds provide enough air to keep RPMs low enough so I don't break the tires loose every time the turbo lights up. I don't want to drive on ice when it's 70 outside.

I'd like to get Ryan's contact info, if someone doesn't mind PMing me.

Why not look at a Procharger and keep the stock Turbo? From what I understand Danny (imelmo) pulled about 8k with this setup and still raced at the track. I understand Danny is moving to a larger turbo at this point, but if it were my money I would look at that setup, not saying it's better, but I'd definitely exhaust that research before I locked on to compounds or a single charger if I wanted the truck to still function as a truck

Why not look at a Procharger and keep the stock Turbo? From what I understand Danny (imelmo) pulled about 8k with this setup and still raced at the track. I understand Danny is moving to a larger turbo at this point, but if it were my money I would look at that setup, not saying it's better, but I'd definitely exhaust that research before I locked on to compounds or a single charger if I wanted the truck to still function as a truck

I don't know much about using a supercharger and a turbo. Other than feedback from imelmo, I don't know of any other resources for information. Just comparing the two, which can produce more power/lower EGTs? What are the trade-offs? How much does it cost in comparison to compounds? I haven't seen much info on those questions.

I'm a fan of not relocating major components in the engine bay and compounds look much easier to install in that department.

I always figured if I needed to tow I'd just detune it.

i layed down 598 on a 66mm turbo and 205's both from river city diesel. And towing a large load wouldnt be easy cuz i didnt build it to tow its for sled pulling and drag racing. I think towing with a big single is gonna be hard to do and if your looking for performance and everyday driving twins is your anwser if you can afford it!

I'm a fan of not relocating major components in the engine bay and compounds look much easier to install in that department.

Now that's the funniest thing I heard all day....LOL

Compounds aren't easy at all to install in a 6.0L. You will be moving stuff to make them fit! Not alot of extra room under the hood...:bang

Now that's the funniest thing I heard all day....LOL

Compounds aren't easy at all to install in a 6.0L. You will be moving stuff to make them fit! Not alot of extra room under the hood...:bang

The only thing you move on our kit is the fuel/oil filter housing and a heater hose. I don't think that is too much.

Trusted,
I hear that you talk about your kits. How many have you sold and who is running them. I see this so much in the 6l world, vendors often talk about their kits or their this or that but in all reality they only have one out there or they are still in prototype world. I know when I bought my compound kit from the World Famous A%%hole BWD he listed his kit online and Lube was running it, but all reality it was never a kit but made protype to order that Lube owner was running. I was only the second person to buy one.

Please tell us about your kit. How many customers are running it. Is it the same kit and same parts in every kit. The kit you offer, how many miles are on the kit. How many revisions has the kit been through since you started trying to sell it online. Does your customers get kit updates when you see problems to them and offer an update.

Sorry but I keep seeing you talk about your kit and thought Id ask since I went through the problems I listed above and dont want others to go through it.

Trusted,
I hear that you talk about your kits. How many have you sold and who is running them. I see this so much in the 6l world, vendors often talk about their kits or their this or that but in all reality they only have one out there or they are still in prototype world. I know when I bought my compound kit from the World Famous A%%hole BWD he listed his kit online and Lube was running it, but all reality it was never a kit but made protype to order that Lube owner was running. I was only the second person to buy one.

Please tell us about your kit. How many customers are running it. Is it the same kit and same parts in every kit. The kit you offer, how many miles are on the kit. How many revisions has the kit been through since you started trying to sell it online. Does your customers get kit updates when you see problems to them and offer an update.

Sorry but I keep seeing you talk about your kit and thought Id ask since I went through the problems I listed above and dont want others to go through it.

Those are all good questions and ones that I would have as a consumer as well.

Before I even get into any of those, let me first start by saying that our compounds are still classified as prototypes. All of our prototype products regardless of what it is, have the same policy. We offer them at a discounted price (in regards to the compounds, they are $5,900 + 100 for shipping), if once the product is on the vehicle and it isn’t working properly, we make all necessary changes/modifications until it is. If for some reason we cannot get it right, we will either change out the product for one that we know works, or we will refund the person’s money less shipping charges.

The initial compound kit that we built, had quite a few issues and we changed a lot of stuff. By no means we do think that everything we produce is perfect. I have two experimental single turbochargers out right now that may or may not work. One seems great and the other is having a backpressure problem. So, we will either switch out the turbine housing on that unit or the entire charger. These are things that we disclose to the potential buyer before they even purchase and we, also, try to discuss the potential problems and are somewhat vague when discussing the pros. We aren’t salesmen here. We are true enthusiasts and believe in quality products that offer real benefit. Our motto is, “Quality and Performance You Can Trust,” for a reason. Generally when we talk to our customers about a prototype product we go over; what it is, what we are worried about and offer a conservative estimate as to what it will do. If someone wants something they can put on and not worry about, then a prototype kit isn’t for them. If they want to try something may be an answer to a current problem people are having, but risk the chance their truck will be down for a week or more at a time, then a prototype products may be a good option.

We are a young company with some fantastic products being developed. If we don’t offer quality products now or stand behind what we sell, then we will never be able to get off the ground and really grow this company how we want. This will be extremely apparent around November when we do a massive pre-sale of one of our upcoming products. If we have a bad reputation or don’t have consumer trust, then the pre-sale will be a bust. So, when looking at prototype products they are very risky. Don’t offer them and slow down some development or offer them and risk sending product out there that may have some issues. Not standing behind a prototype product is reckless. I’m always amazed when I talk to someone over the phone and they are surprised when we say it has a full warranty and if it fails years from now from a design flaw, we will fix it.

As far as the compounds go, we are currently working on two kits; a Towing Compound kit and a Performance Compound kit. We have been working on the towing compounds for quite a while and have built 4 actual sets. These are all bolt in kits that require no body modifications, cab on installation, EGR compatible, factory or aftermarket intake compatible, factory or aftermarket exhaust compatible. We have learned a lot from each kit and are still working on refining it. Right now, I’m looking for someone with 190cc injectors that will more than likely be our final prototype kit. We just about have it dialed in but I want to do some additional testing before we call it done. If everything works properly, then we will finalize the jigs and offer the kits through our dealer network. If we need to tweak that kit a little more, than we will do another prototype kit before officially releasing it.

The Performance Compounds are still pretty rough. We have a lot of testing to do and have only built one full kit. We have had a lot of interest in this particular kit, and I have three customers who appear very serious. Until they decide to do it, we are holding on the development. We would rather finish one kit and get it into production than to simultaneously work on two prototype kits out of the same funding.

Thank you for your honest answer. I know alot of new 6l companys have advertise products, and are still not in product stage or can even be sold to the public. That is one of the reasons I dumped the 6l. I wanted proven performance and alot of other 6l companys just wanted proven funds from my bank.Most think I bailed on the 6l where the truth is I just sick of the 6l vendor BS. I bought everything from hypermax rods, to ported heads and firerings,,,,to even a very large set of compounds. I truely wanted it to run good and perform. I know some vendors promise the world and then when you pay for them, you wait.

I have a customer that has contacted you about your performance compounds and he told me your were completly honest with them. Bottom line, the best thing you can give anyone here is be honest....Thats something the others can say they do...

Thank you again

Procharger kit soon to be released. 100% Bolt on kit. Correct tuning should get you in the ball park!

Procharger kit soon to be released. 100% Bolt on kit. Correct tuning should get you in the ball park!

So, how is Danny's truck running? I haven't heard too much lately at all...

Is Danny's the only Procharged 6.0L??

I know you were waiting for him to send the piping back for production purposes....is that where your at with the kits, as far as "Soon to be released"??

Back