doing some brainstroming, need advice

well a little update on this subject. i finally got my p pump swapped and running. i aint got to drive it much lately cause ive had problems with my front axle. i love the p pump though. had 4k springs put it and the pump has some cut dv's in it when i bought it. also the inkector i got in the deal are sposed to be marines so ima run them till i can afford sumthing better. im still running stock plate. fuels hard on top end but lacks on the bottom. hope making a custom grind on the plate will make a big difference. next step is a clutch.

im getting ready to p pump my 92 any tips or suggestions you have or any places that you saved any money?

also did you take your head off when you did it?

i didnt take the head off. theres really no reason too unless you got other work to do like replace headgasket. as far as tips best i can give is just take your time and make sure its right, i bought a hayes shop manual for 94 up and its very helpful. also i pulled the tappet cover off and used zip ties to hold my tappets up, we tried the wooden dowel rod method and i didnt like it didnt really work out so we pulled the tappet cover off and im glad i did. the wooden dowels werent seated as good as i thought they was. make sure you got everything you need before you start makes it go smoother.

also one other thing make sure you get the timing right, i had my pump timing set right and when i fired it up it was off. it white smoke and pop real loud. i learned that the cams in the different year models have the cam gear pressed on in different orintations so when you line the timing marks up the timing was a little different. so i had to bump my timing some to get it correct

traitors lol but if you want to play, you gotta go inline......injection pumps that is. personally, im sticking with the VE. hp isnt a number i care about, its torque. and rotary pumps like the VE or VP44 make astounding torque numbers compared to hp. Towing 15-18k or more, i like the fact that as the bottom of the mountain i turn 2200 rpms, and when it falls back to 1850 or so you fall into the torque curve and it will stay there, i wouldnt have to shift into 4th except for EGTs.

well im not so worried about hp numbers either. i want to sled pull and i figured i could spend a bunch on my ve and still not be happy with it or just p pump it and then the skys the limit on what i can do with it

thts the reason im p pumping mine is for sled pulling i want the rpms an dont have money to spend on a wicked ve

yes sir im happy with mine so far. i got a oil leak though and im not sure where its coming from

im sure i will be happy with mine also i cant wait to get it going time to start saving for a charger lol

yes sir i understood ya. if i put a new turbo on mine i wont have the money for a clutch, and i need the clutch alot worse

my tranny been rebuilt and has 400 hp single disk valair in it, but its not enough for it since i p pumped it