Doubtable Boost Leak...

bbtank45

Just tryin to get some opinions here, iam runnin a 66/71/16 on the street as a DD turbo with DDP 250's. The truck will only built a max of 30psi at 3500 rpm.... possible boost leak or is it just the 16cm housing?

Thanks,

Ben B

I would think you would have plenty of fuel to spin that charger. What box are you running? You may want to double check the wire tap. That or a boost leak.

Do you still have the grid heater? If so I have blown the caps out of the bottom of that before and not been able to make over 30 psi. They are directly below the studs that the wires bolt to. Look at the intake rail and see if it has soot on it.

Rick

I would think you would have plenty of fuel to spin that charger. What box are you running? You may want to double check the wire tap. That or a boost leak.

iam runnin a drag comp, yeah ill check that tap..... boost leaks are most commonly found in the IC boots correct?

Do you still have the grid heater? If so I have blown the caps out of the bottom of that before and not been able to make over 30 psi. They are directly below the studs that the wires bolt to. Look at the intake rail and see if it has soot on it.

Rick

i will check that tonight, it builds boost strong right up to 28-30 psi, then will not build a pound more

do you have a drive pressure gauge? mine does the same thing with the edge turned down with it all the way on it will go passed 40psi. I have a s300 2.6 with a t100 housing

Have you checked what the wastegate is set at? This the same turbo from last summer?

do you have a drive pressure gauge? mine does the same thing with the edge turned down with it all the way on it will go passed 40psi. I have a s300 2.6 with a t100 housing

i do not have a drive pressure gauge, i turned the edge on and it still doesnt do a thing.... this turbo should be easily capable of 60 psi... shouldnt it?