Dpf question

chevota84

Just out of curiosity, has anyone been busted for "tampering with an emissions device"? I know about h&s, I mean just a regular person.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Yes. I have seen several vehicles fail emissions tests in Colorado for missing it or having stored CEL codes trying to remove it. California is much more strict.

Yes. I have seen several vehicles fail emissions tests in Colorado for missing it or having stored CEL codes trying to remove it. California is much more strict.

Did the person get "busted" (get fined)?

H&S was not "busted"

Actually, they were.

In their own words...
Press Release - H&S Performance

Due to our dialogue with governmental agencies within the United States, H&S Performance, LLC has decided to voluntarily suspend production of all tuning devices and EGR/DPF modification kits, effective immediately.

Thats marketing speak for "The EPA told us to stop sales of all our 'off-road/race' products or be fined because its a well known fact they are all being used on-road".

Last edited:
A friend i know got pulled over by DPS here in Texas. The officer peeked under the truck, saw the delete and wrote him a stout ticket. That is very uncommon here tho

Are they usually fix it tickets? I wonder if anybody has ever been hit with the full willy 50k fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

in MD my buddys ford dealership they tell ppl to do dpf on there 6.7s. but you really can get hit with 50k find?

Just a few days ago a friend of mine was traveling through Minnesota and was pulled over by the DOT, he was driving a 2010 Chevy 3500HD not towing a trailer or anything, only mod that is noticeable on the truck is a chrome exhaust tip. They fined him $5,000 for not having a DPF on the truck. Minnesota doesn't do any emissions testing and he is from Montana. I have heard of $35k fines for removing urea injected trucks, but I have no idea on the legitimacy of that. I do know I'm gonna be looking into finding a stock 5.9 exhaust and keeping it around for a rainy day, I believe they could nail a guy for that too if they want

Just make sure you have a muffler that actually muffles and you should be fine with the 5.9. Stay away from the giant shinny exhaust tip also, that just draws unwanted attention as well.