Drag Slicks

Walmart50

Heya guys.. i got a question for ya.. I have a 2005 Excursion 2wd..
I have some basic mods, exhaust, xcal2, 100shot of nitrous..
best time so far in the 1/8th is a 8.2@86 with a 1.7 60 ft.

Does anyone know if there is any type of slick that is taller than 27" to fit on the stock 16 inch rims or better yet.. are there any 15 inch rims that will bolt on?

Anyways, just curious to what any 2wd guys are doing for traction. =)

do you think that the
30/14.0-16LT
would fit on stock excursion rims?

I would really prefer a 30/11.5-16 if i could.. but its a really wierd size.. i know i could get something close if it was a 15 inch rim... but cant find a 15 with the right bolt pattern, and even then.. wouldnt be sure it would clear the brakes.

or

should i go with the 390/40R17 and just get some 17 inch rims if i had no other option.

Last edited:
I think those 30/14/16 would be a BAD idea on a wheel only 7" wide!

How wide is a stock EX wheel? I think they are only 9" wide ....... thats 2 1/2" on either side ...... I have a 15.5" wide tire on a 12" wide wheel and its very close to be too much ........

B18B1LS1 said:
I think those 30/14/16 would be a BAD idea on a wheel only 7" wide!

Yea if they are 7" then I would have to say NO way ...... I was giving them benefit of the doubt at 9"

What kind of tires do you have on there now? 1.7 is pretty good for a 2wd!

the 1.7 60 ft was with a 27/10.5-16 It was a SUPER small tire on an excurision.. with 18psi the truck was basically sitting on the rims. so we bumped the air pressure up to about 30 and it was sorta wrinkled then... i couldnt launch hard, because it would spin bad.. so was thinking of getting a taller tire to reduce the gear some.. and possibly launch a little harder.

Btw.. it looked like poo as well.. basically an excursion rolling on pizza cutters.