Dragster testing

How much tire pressure? They looked a little pumped up to me. I don't know if it works on Dmaxes, but you might want to run two snow kits with the nitrous and see how that works. I know Banks and others were having problems taking out pistons with nitrous, but they were probably just running a wee bit more than you are ;)

I think the tires are angry. Hopefully the weather cooperates for testing before TS.

Dragster

I was running 5.5 psi in the tires. I just bought a new gauge and it said they are at 5 now. So I would say in the heat they were probably at 5.5 in the sun. I just refilled the bottle and used 4 pounds in 3 passes. Not very much! I may put a new water system that uses the nitrous pressure to inject water. I want it simple and more pumps and/or electric I just don't want. I will be in denver next weekend and then TS so i'm not sure how much more testing I will get. I just needed to get my license which I let expire back in 2002 and now that it is done I can try to go faster without worrying about not making it down the track. Thanks everyone and hope to see a big field in TS. Jeff

It'll be cool to see, Jeff. Just blame that 60 on too much diesel torque LOL.

Looking good Jeff. I wanted to get up there sunday but after the KY pull I just couldnt get my ass outta the house.

I run the Hoosier 33.5 / 17 /16 and previously the 34.5's and the harder you hit them the better they like it. I am guessing they are the C06 17/16 pro-mod style tire by the looks of them.

Very nice job...good to see you got it up & going so quick. now we need 10 more of you guys to follow the lead..."build it & they will come " ...:) congrats .

The field need another flopper...I'm tired of only seeing Johns. LOL j/k

A digger would be the best though!!!

I was running 5.5 psi in the tires. I just bought a new gauge and it said they are at 5 now. So I would say in the heat they were probably at 5.5 in the sun. I just refilled the bottle and used 4 pounds in 3 passes. Not very much! I may put a new water system that uses the nitrous pressure to inject water. I want it simple and more pumps and/or electric I just don't want. I will be in denver next weekend and then TS so i'm not sure how much more testing I will get. I just needed to get my license which I let expire back in 2002 and now that it is done I can try to go faster without worrying about not making it down the track. Thanks everyone and hope to see a big field in TS. Jeff

Have a crew member check your pressure directly 'after' a burn out, you may be surprised. I would ussualy roll into the water box at 4.5# and they would be the 5/ 5 1/4 I wanted down track afterwards. Now this varies a bit depending on tire size [bigger tires grow more], ambient temp., and tire speed during burnout. Congrats on some great early numbers!

Tucker

Awesome! Damn, now I REALLY want to go to TS but I'll probably skip it to keep working on my truck!

That's fine Ken but I hope to improve on it soon. I run a powerglide tranny. It's just a std glide no lockup, I just couldn't swing the 11K for the lockup. I think I made a good call for the money. It took a little work to get the convertor close but it seems to be pretty good. Jason, I was running two 55 jets to help it cool the IAT. I'm not running much fuel for now but I will be and then we will step up the nitrous. There is a video on Duramaxdiesel but I don't have it to load here. I looks like a gas car going down the track. Also you can hear the tires not liking life going down the track.

What ru running for a rear end with that glide?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2