Drawbar Hitches

I like that design jimdmax, but my consern with a setup like that is I would be afraid it would put too much stress on the center of the rear end and either twist the axle tubes and the center section apart from each other, or even if the tubes are fully welded to the center section, it would actually twist the tubes around like twisting a plastic straw. Now if it were an all one piece casted 2 ton rearend like a rockwell it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Not trying to flame your design or anything, it's just my opinion.

that is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the first pic of his with that welded pumpkin cover with the link setup on it. I personally would not feel comfortable running it on mine. I would be afraid of pushing the adjustable link right thru the cover and jamming it in the gears. but if it has been working for you it must be stronger than I am picturing.

Theres more force on those bars than u think I have a 4 in I beam thats bent to prove it and it was used for support off a reece usesn a draw bar

There is deffinatley force on those bars. Most org. say the hitch cant be any steeper the 30 degrees and the chain is steeper then that

that is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the first pic of his with that welded pumpkin cover with the link setup on it. I personally would not feel comfortable running it on mine. I would be afraid of pushing the adjustable link right thru the cover and jamming it in the gears. but if it has been working for you it must be stronger than I am picturing.

The cover is made from a single piece of 1/4" plate, it will not go anywhere. Although, there has been many truck pullers that could break a anvil with a rubber hammer.

There is deffinatley force on those bars. Most org. say the hitch cant be any steeper the 30 degrees and the chain is steeper then that

The research I've done shows most all sleds have a chain angle very close to 30 degrees. This of coarse with a hitch height of 26".

The cover is made from a single piece of 1/4" plate, it will not go anywhere. Although, there has been many truck pullers that could break a anvil with a rubber hammer.

I have seen both of these hitches, that cover is not going anywhere!

Back