DTC's......Where do I find out what these Trouble Code mean?

Big Swole

MegaInterceptor
Hey guys/gals,

I hooked my BDDL up to the OBD II port today after having installed the TS MP8 , Having my Tranny built, and driving it for a week or two........I was just wondering if I had any codes...The truck was running fine...

Trouble codes
P1919
P3206
P287

I called a friend at a Dodge dealer and his techs could not find anything on these codes. So, I called TS performance and They didn't know either......Whats up?????

Has anyone had the codes come up or know anything about them???????

Thats interesting. I would try calling Bully Dog??

I know the P0287 has something to do with the injector circut.

These codes aren't in the Mopar database. Don't know where they came from....BDDL used?

sootman said:
These codes aren't in the Mopar database. Don't know where they came from....BDDL used?

Its a Triple Dog.........

I haven't called BD yet.......I'll try them next week.......

I deleted the codes........Unloaded my Crazzy Larry and put everything back to stock.........then reloaded everything........Haven't checked to see if they are back yet............I'll do that soon, but I'm about to leave the house for a hot date :rockwoot:

My truck also shifts differently without the program in........Does the Triple Dog and Crazzy Larry have anything to do with tranny shifting.....Even if it's built...???????

Last edited:
Big Swole said:
Its a Triple Dog.........

I haven't called BD yet.......I'll try them next week.......

I deleted the codes........Unloaded my Crazzy Larry and put everything back to stock.........then reloaded everything........Haven't checked to see if they are back yet............I'll do that soon, but I'm about to leave the house for a hot date :rockwoot:

My truck also shifts differently without the program in........Does the Triple Dog and Crazzy Larry have anything to do with tranny shifting.....Even if it's built...???????

More HP will cause it to shift different.:rockwoot:

sootman said:
More HP will cause it to shift different.:rockwoot:

I think something needs adjusted.........At light throttle, I still get shuttle shifts.....I sometimes it feels like it shift straight to 3rd from the first shift............Or, it may shift 1,2,3 right off the line at light throttle.......

Gonna have Jeff drive it again and check it out when I go back down to have the Glacier pick up tube installed...........I just can't deal with running out of fuel before a 1/4 tank......it sux....

The guy a Glacier said the even the flex tube won't be a cure all........but better than the ridgid tube that came with the FASS.........

Big Swole said:
I think something needs adjusted.........At light throttle, I still get shuttle shifts.....I sometimes it feels like it shift straight to 3rd from the first shift............Or, it may shift 1,2,3 right off the line at light throttle.......

Gonna have Jeff drive it again and check it out when I go back down to have the Glacier pick up tube installed...........I just can't deal with running out of fuel before a 1/4 tank......it sux....

The guy a Glacier said the even the flex tube won't be a cure all........but better than the ridgid tube that came with the FASS.........

What year is your truck? Richard said that his pickup wouldn't cure it? I can run mine to 1 gallon left and not die out.

sootman said:
What year is your truck? Richard said that his pickup wouldn't cure it? I can run mine to 1 gallon left and not die out.

:doh: 2005..... what did Garmon set you VB Pressure at? If it still shuttle shifts...you can adjust the the pressure up till it holds 1st gear to about 12-15mph. Anymore than this and you will build heat faster. With the TV motor on the 05 and up's it is harder to fix this problem.$.02

sootman said:
:doh: 2005..... what did Garmon set you VB Pressure at? If it still shuttle shifts...you can adjust the the pressure up till it holds 1st gear to about 12-15mph. Anymore than this and you will build heat faster. With the TV motor on the 05 and up's it is harder to fix this problem.$.02

Not sure about the pressure........when I first picked it up , it was acting weird ......Jeff drove it and agreed......He had his guy (the guy that built it), back off on the pressure....He was messing with two things on the VB...I'm not sure........He change a few sensor and speculated trash had gotten into them.......put the pan back on and it was still doing it........then he change something else that was on the outside of the tranny and Jeff drove it and said that "that" fixed the prob...

It does drive ok most of the time.....Jeff agreed with you on the TV being harder to set.........Maybe the pressure needs to be set back to where they had it the first time before they change that last sensor (or whatever it was).....I'm sure he will make it right when I got back down there....You can spend that much money with Jeff and not have him want me to be happy....He even said that last time "Don't leave until your happy."

I just had no experience with built trannies and I had no clue if it was acting right or not........

The best way I can describe the problem is the it seems that the tranny is searching for the right gear to offen......It has upshifted to 2 and 3 very quickly and the back to 2 then back to 3 all in the matter of one second or two.........It really bugs me.........I don't mind it shifting hard, I just want it to shift right..........

Any other clues????????

sootman said:

Yeah, Richard......That's him...............Yeah, he said the the flexible would be better but not fix it completely.......

He did say some people are using the stock pickup to feed the aftermarket pickup.........Would that work????? Would it pull enough fuel to keep up with my FASS??? Mine is only the 95gph unit..........I should have gotten the 150gph I think :doh:

Last edited:
Big Swole said:
Not sure about the pressure........when I first picked it up , it was acting weird ......Jeff drove it and agreed......He had his guy (the guy that built it), back off on the pressure....He was messing with two things on the VB...I'm not sure........He change a few sensor and speculated trash had gotten into them.......put the pan back on and it was still doing it........then he change something else that was on the outside of the tranny and Jeff drove it and said that "that" fixed the prob...

It does drive ok most of the time.....Jeff agreed with you on the TV being harder to set.........Maybe the pressure needs to be set back to where they had it the first time before they change that last sensor (or whatever it was).....I'm sure he will make it right when I got back down there....You can spend that much money with Jeff and not have him want me to be happy....He even said that last time "Don't leave until your happy."

I just had no experience with built trannies and I had no clue if it was acting right or not........

The best way I can describe the problem is the it seems that the tranny is searching for the right gear to offen......It has upshifted to 2 and 3 very quickly and the back to 2 then back to 3 all in the matter of one second or two.........It really bugs me.........I don't mind it shifting hard, I just want it to shift right..........

Any other clues????????

Who's converter and how many lockup clutches? I have an 06 with the same problem occuring as you do. I am currently adjusting the pressures in the VB to find a happy spot for these newer trucks. If you get too carried away it will set codes.:doh:

Big Swole said:
Yeah, Richard......That's him...............Yeah, he said the the flexible would be better but not fix it completely.......

He did say some people are using the stock pickup to feed the aftermarket pickup.........Would that work????? Would it pull enough fuel to keep up with my FASS??? Mine is only the 95gph unit..........I should have gotten the 150gph I think :doh:

The 95gph is capable of more pressure. I cut the GDP to where it fits flush with the bottom of the tank and cut access squares in the sides of the bottom of the tube. I can run it lower than factory, but don't recommend it.$.02

sootman said:
Who's converter and how many lockup clutches? I have an 06 with the same problem occuring as you do. I am currently adjusting the pressures in the VB to find a happy spot for these newer trucks. If you get too carried away it will set codes.:doh:

He did a Billet Input, SunCoast Flex Plate, SunCoast Convertor (Triple Disk part# 2361848-3D (2003-2006: daily driver & towing with moderate to high power), rigid bands and new clutches, and His Valve body mods......Oh, also a Mag-tech Double deep pan.......

Over 5 Bills worth........

If you find a fix, let me know...........But, Im sure Jeff will take care of it the best he can

sootman said:
The 95gph is capable of more pressure. I cut the GDP to where it fits flush with the bottom of the tank and cut access squares in the sides of the bottom of the tube. I can run it lower than factory, but don't recommend it.$.02

More pressure? Are you saying that it is better?........I thought when you get to the point of needing more fuel, the 150 gph would be better..........Anyway, I'm a LONG way off from that I think....I stlll got the stock turbo..............Gonna have to be that way for a while until I get the tranny bill paid off...:doh:

As far as the pick up, I'll try that with my new one........or at least I'll show this to Jeff when gets back into the tank............I hope if fixes it, I gotta drive from ATL, GA to Austin , TX in late SEPT.... and I don't want to have to stop and fuel up any more than I have to......:bang

Big Swole said:
More pressure? Are you saying that it is better?........I thought when you get to the point of needing more fuel, the 150 gph would be better..........Anyway, I'm a LONG way off from that I think....I stlll got the stock turbo..............Gonna have to be that way for a while until I get the tranny bill paid off...:doh:

As far as the pick up, I'll try that with my new one........or at least I'll show this to Jeff when gets back into the tank............I hope if fixes it, I gotta drive from ATL, GA to Austin , TX in late SEPT.... and I don't want to have to stop and fuel up any more than I have to......:bang

My brother is five"O" in Austin. I go there just about every weekend and beat up gang bangers with him....nah, not every weekend.:hehe: You need to holler at me when you come to Austin.:Cheer:

sootman said:
My brother is five"O" in Austin. I go there just about every weekend and beat up gang bangers with him....nah, not every weekend.:hehe: You need to holler at me when you come to Austin.:Cheer:

Absolutly man,,,,,,,,PM me with your # and we'll meet up for a few brewski's.......I'll have my truck , so you can take a look or drive it and let me know what ya think........Heck, Bring me a new turbo and I pay ya to install..:rockwoot:

Just kidding....have to wait on that............I'll be out there From Sept. 21-26.......Plan on it......

Bring a crotch rocket.....I have been known to ride 160mph wheelies!!:rockwoot: Sold my bikes after the kids showed up.

sootman said:
Bring a crotch rocket.....I have been known to ride 160mph wheelies!!:rockwoot: Sold my bikes after the kids showed up.

Wheelies? OH, you and I are gonna get along great..........I'll have to show ya my video......I've been known to do some wheelies myself......Stand ups for 2-3 miles or as long as I can hold on!!!!

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Yes, It's me!!!!! Just was on my old 2002 model Yamaha R1

Last edited: