DTT converter ???

brushpuller

Thinkin...
I have a DTT converter and when i get in it real hard it starts to slip ( shutter ) And iv heard that they hold a lot of power!?!? and im not over 500hp. I had a trans shop do the valve body and he told me the line psi is in the 90s. Could it be the trans fluid??? Any Ideas??? Thanks!

Add a bottle of RED Lube Guard transmission additive and see if that takes care of it. If it still shutters after a week of having it in the truck then you have warped youre plate that the lockup clutch applies to. If thats the case call Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel and he will give you the best DTT service there is.

I've killed 3 DTT converters all replaced under warranty but the last one I paid extra to upgrade to what they call a Super Single converter and it comes with a billet front cover and billet plate that is supposed to eliminate the warping problem. The Super Single also locks up much harder than my others did.

Lavon

Chris is right 90 psi isn't very high. 180-200 should be closer to the WOT

Where is Tim located say to cincinnati. I go to chips in TN and had great service their but like 5 hrs. Jack Williams is up in lagrange (sp) IN just north west of Ft. Wayne is like 4 hrs.

Just tryn to get a better idea of where the closest place is. Oh yes i do like their new Super Single better than the old one i was running.

Mine is at 100 base pressure and just under 160 at WOT.....no issues in 50 k and at big power.....this is with a regular 91R converter that I have ran since the fall of 03'

Jim

Where is Tim located say to cincinnati. I go to chips in TN and had great service their but like 5 hrs. Jack Williams is up in lagrange (sp) IN just north west of Ft. Wayne is like 4 hrs.

Just tryn to get a better idea of where the closest place is. Oh yes i do like their new Super Single better than the old one i was running.
Tim's in VA Beach, VA. It's a 9 hour trek.

I don't think I'd use a DTT converter if it was given to me after the personalized "service" I've received from Bill and Stephan.

A billet front cover is standard on most other aftermarket converters. Just something to consider.

Tim's in VA Beach, VA. It's a 9 hour trek.

I don't think I'd use a DTT converter if it was given to me after the personalized "service" I've received from Bill and Stephan.

Sorry to hear that brandon. It does happen from time to time.

Ive always had great service from them and their vendors.