dual feed 12v injectors?

x2 It would be great to see some real # increases or proof rather than the $$$ out of your wallet. LOL

Smokem, my engine goes on the dyno this Thursday..send me a set of your 5 x .022 single Fed and we'll test them against my CDS IH dual feed and also bringing a set from harts. And then I'll post results.

Sounds like a fair comparison, considering the other two sets you will be comparing have a 15* difference in cone angle.

He's being sarcastic.... Liquids are compressible as well, but for 99.9% of things going on in the world, its such a small amount you don't have to take it into account. But in a fuel system you should take into account the compressibility (I don't know if thats an actual word but you know what I mean) of the fuel and how a larger amount will compress more than a smaller amount and how that will affect timing and delivery. This is what smokem is getting at.

He's being sarcastic.... Liquids are compressible as well, but for 99.9% of things going on in the world, its such a small amount you don't have to take it into account. But in a fuel system you should take into account the compressibility (I don't know if thats an actual word but you know what I mean) of the fuel and how a larger amount will compress more than a smaller amount and how that will affect timing and delivery. This is what smokem is getting at.

Ok maybe I should have said fuel is nearly incompressible. However, I do not buy that the extra 1/2 cc if that of fuel from a dual feed injector would create enough extra volume to alter the timing significantly. Injectors with the whole edge filter drilled out make no measurable difference.

However, the engineers did it for a reason. Why though? Redundancy for clogs, slow the velocity of the fuel at full throttle for less cavitation/turbulence?

Like I said in the other thread about this last winter, comparison needs to be done at 2500 pump rpm, full rack, 13mm pump, big nozzles, big lines. That will get the fastest possible fuel velocity at the injector and see if these single feeds are really choking. A piddly 12mm pump at 1000 pump rpm shows nothing when the guys running dual feeds are heavily fueled pullers.

Ok maybe I should have said fuel is nearly incompressible. However, I do not buy that the extra 1/2 cc if that of fuel from a dual feed injector would create enough extra volume to alter the timing significantly. Injectors with the whole edge filter drilled out make no measurable difference.

However, the engineers did it for a reason. Why though? Redundancy for clogs, slow the velocity of the fuel at full throttle for less cavitation/turbulence?

Like I said in the other thread about this last winter, comparison needs to be done at 2500 pump rpm, full rack, 13mm pump, big nozzles, big lines. That will get the fastest possible fuel velocity at the injector and see if these single feeds are really choking. A piddly 12mm pump at 1000 pump rpm shows nothing when the guys running dual feeds are heavily fueled pullers.

I'd venture to say just the dual feeds wouldn't be an issue, but compounded with .120 lines, holders and altered legnth of lines to clear intakes etc would certainley add up to a timing adjustment.

Back