dual lift pumps

Lostnwalmart

Well I'm going to run 2 air dogs on my truck and was wondering how it was being done. do you run them parallel or in series? one is a 165 the other a 150 so I was thinking run them in series and set the pressure via the fuel pressure regulator. What do you fellers suggest?

They need to be in parallel. If you put them in series one will do all the work and the other will do nothing and you'll be limited to the flow of the smaller one. Why not just run them in parallel, each with it's own suction line, and Y the outlets together?

Having two pressure regulators (the ones built into the pumps) may mean one does all the regulating while the other stays mostly closed but as long as it works there is no need to mess with it.

Last edited:
Will the 165 isn't keeping up with my current fueling maybe after I get the aeromotive regulator on it it will do better but for now it drops from 55 psi idle to 18 wot.

find a way to get the fuel you need. get a stiffer spring, a bigger motor for the pump, etc, etc. and return a text message too

Cliff always returns my texts. Cliff, any thoughts on a mitusa or something of the sort?

Can you adjust the pressures on the airdogs? If you can get them so they both bypass at the same pressure, I'd see no reason why you can't run them in parallel. RonA did (or does) run a stock mechanical lift pump with a FASS in parallel.

I think you should dual feed the injection pump. Run the 165 Airdog to the factory inlet. Run the 150 Airdog to the front M18x1.5 port by the timing case with a checkvalve in-line between the P7100 pump and the Airdog 150. Run the Airdog 150 on a toggle switch and only use it when you need the extra fuel. The check valve will allow you to run normally with the Airdog 165. Think of it this way, the Airdog 150 could be your "Go Baby Go" nitrous-like switch that adds another 100 HP!

I think you should dual feed the injection pump. Run the 165 Airdog to the factory inlet. Run the 150 Airdog to the front M18x1.5 port by the timing case with a checkvalve in-line between the P7100 pump and the Airdog 150. Run the Airdog 150 on a toggle switch and only use it when you need the extra fuel. The check valve will allow you to run normally with the Airdog 165. Think of it this way, the Airdog 150 could be your "Go Baby Go" nitrous-like switch that adds another 100 HP!

SMOKE SWITCH?:poke:

I've been thinking about this too lately.(Once I find out what happened to my pump) I'm just not excited to go pull the skid plate off and attempt to dig the AD out. I just had to bury that thing so it wouldn't get damaged.

Personally I'd run them in a parallel.

If your going to run two pumps I would definitely run one to the factory inlet and one to the front port.

Check valve.....just thought I'd say that again in case anyone missed it. Kinda vital!

Chris

I run a Fass 260 On my puller with a 13mm pump dual fed and all 1/2in lines and i need more, im thinking about a Areomotive A1000 but dont want to lose my filters

I run a Fass 260 On my puller with a 13mm pump dual fed and all 1/2in lines and i need more, im thinking about a Areomotive A1000 but dont want to lose my filters

Aeromotive eliminator pump on my truck. I just run a aeromotive 100-micron inline filter. You could run a FS200 fuel filter setup with it.

My 165 wasn't coming off the 30psi peg with my pump at 500cc. I did have a Ford regulator on it though.

Back