Duece turbo

Dgeman

Pro from LCP
Anyone ever messed around with duece and a half's? I'm thinking about buying one to bob as an advertisement piece for my new shop. I tried a couple searches and could only find where people swapped turbos from other duece's and 5 ton trucks. I was thinking about running an S300 of some size anyone have any info for me? Even the stock sizes of the turbos that came one these things. Let me know
Mike

I would do a engine swap to a 12v. They have divorce transfer cases and the stock engines are anemic at best. There is a reason that they go down the interstate at 50mph, that's all they can do.

I would do a engine swap to a 12v. They have divorce transfer cases and the stock engines are anemic at best. There is a reason that they go down the interstate at 50mph, that's all they can do.

Not true..got mine to 62 lol. Gearing is why they top out so quick. 6.72 s with a low overdrive does not help the speed department. Steelsoldiers.com is where you should go, not this site if you want info on an M35A2. Be prepared to pay since they have gone up in price, they are going for what an A3 goes for now.

I have a 35 winch truck with lots of spare parts I'd sell you. I always wanted to do a 5.9 swap in one. I had bought 15 or 20 of them over the years. another. One of my never get done projects.

I have found a few about 2 hours away from me for a reasonable price. Just out of curiosity Gunracer PM me what you'd want for your truck, I have a guy with a drop deck that would pick it up for me. I've been thinking lately and it looks like it will get either a 5.9 or an 8.3 and a double over trans(not sure on the model yet). I belong to the steelsoldiers website but they only seem to swap turbos from other military stuff.

I'm assuming this has th LD465/478/D5000 Hercules/Continental. (all the same thing just different identification) and I'd imagine it has the 22.5:1 pistons in it.

Ditch the anemic multi-fuel pump for a Bosch model 100, and I'm pretty sure those manifolds use a T6 flange, I'd probably go for a small S400 for it. On the T4 farm tractor manifolds we'll use a 3LM-466, but it's a bit small at around 300hp. It's a direct replacement for the T04 they normally used, so we stick with the 3LM.

With a good pump and turbo, a good high compression Herc starts as soon as a piston hits TDC with a foot of snow on the hood and makes stupid torque.

The military versions are a piss poor example of the engine's potential, mostly because of the pump. The turbo is awful too.

I have three more of these motors laying around. They ran to well to scrap them

I'm assuming this has th LD465/478/D5000 Hercules/Continental. (all the same thing just different identification) and I'd imagine it has the 22.5:1 pistons in it.

Ditch the anemic multi-fuel pump for a Bosch model 100, and I'm pretty sure those manifolds use a T6 flange, I'd probably go for a small S400 for it. On the T4 farm tractor manifolds we'll use a 3LM-466, but it's a bit small at around 300hp. It's a direct replacement for the T04 they normally used, so we stick with the 3LM.

With a good pump and turbo, a good high compression Herc starts as soon as a piston hits TDC with a foot of snow on the hood and makes stupid torque.

The military versions are a piss poor example of the engine's potential, mostly because of the pump. The turbo is awful too.

Awesome, I used a 3LM-466 on my 478 build that we're having problems with. At least I got something right!!

I want a 5 ton:D
Chris

and what would i find this bosch model 100 pump on?

I know an Oliver 2150 used the same engine with that pump....and if they are the same, a lot of IH's and and a few AC's used that pump (all tractors that I know of;))

Chris

Awesome, I used a 3LM-466 on my 478 build that we're having problems with. At least I got something right!!

I want a 5 ton:D
Chris

Glad you brought that up, I still need to call craig about that oiling problem, I need to call him anyhow. Might get back with you today on that.

Thanks for the :poke::hehe:

I know an Oliver 2150 used the same engine with that pump....and if they are the same, a lot of IH's and and a few AC's used that pump (all tractors that I know of;))

Chris

Olivers mostly used a 90E. it's just one step better than the Multi-fuel. A model 100 is primarily a 400 series IH pump.

is the model 100 pump a fairly direct swap? I know of a few DT360's with them on around here.

is the model 100 pump a fairly direct swap? I know of a few DT360's with them on around here.

It is a pretty direct bolt on, If you're starting with a IH pump you may need a couple drive/mounting parts for it, along with a set of lines.

If I was doing it I would probably get something off a 466, I'm not sure how high of HP they used a 100 for, but that engine with a S400 can make use of some fuel.