duetz build?

plowboy1138

outta shear curiosity/feasability has anybody but a duetz engine ina truck. I was thinking of putting it in a bronco

Last edited:
Seen one some years ago in a Chevy don't remember what size but it filled the engine compartment had a 2 ton 4sp.is what the guy said.he pull his antique tractor to pulled with it
Said he never has to shift up hills.That one at the time didn't seem to noisy.
this was way before I even cared about diesels back in 76-77

Dale

Wow those older ones are noisy. We have them on a lot of stationary concrete pumps. Sometimes 2 side by side. They scream.

Wow those older ones are noisy. We have them on a lot of stationary concrete pumps. Sometimes 2 side by side. They scream.

Are you referring to the air cooled models? I have concrete pumps also. The older air cooled models are noisy. The newer liquid cooled aren't bad at all.

Tapamaxxing

this engines out of a 89' trojan loader, its a 6cyl/turbo 903 duetz engine. Thought it might be fun to build a beater for around the farm outta spare parts

Are you referring to the air cooled models? I have concrete pumps also. The older air cooled models are noisy. The newer liquid cooled aren't bad at all.

Tapamaxxing

Just the Schwing 5000 on high rise 2 strait 6s screaming. But I did run a Putz trailer for a guy on a 47 story. It wasn't as loud. It was a big v6.

A Friend a of mine Named Howie Murphy, built a 6 cyl one in a old 40's pickup. it was fast! he used to run propane and nitrous in it.. used to run it at Englishtown etc.. he would blow it up and he and his kids would re build it over the week and race again on th eweekend. it was street legal. i had lots of picturse of it but my computer crashed. he sold it several years a go to Automar in Garrison ny. They may have sold it too.
Thanks,
Deo

I got a bellhousing that bolts a 912 or 913 deutz rite up to a Chevy transmission ,also laying around is a bf4l913,bf6l913, and a f6l912.

I got a bellhousing that bolts a 912 or 913 deutz rite up to a Chevy transmission ,also laying around is a bf4l913,bf6l913, and a f6l912.

you would not happen to still have that bellhousing would you?